Here are the step to connect to the web server to make changes for sites that are
not maintained with OmniUpdate:
- Download FileZilla for your Windows XP/Vista PC or Mac OS X (for 10.5 Leopard, or 10.6 Snow Leopard):
- Install and open FileZilla.
- Choose File > Site Manager.
- In General tab, change settings to match image below, using your Fredonia e-Services user name
- In the Advanced tab, change Default remote directory settings to /HOME/wwwroot. If you know the path
to your site folder, you can add that to the the remote directory to make it easier
to find your web files. Example: /HOME/wwwroot/department/biology is the remote directory
if your site URL is http://www.fredonia.edu/department/biology.
- Click Connect. If you see a dialog box called "Unknown host key", check the box for "Always trust
this host, add this key to the cache" and click OK.
- Under the Remote site (right side of main window), you should see the file system
on the web server as shown circled in red, below.
- Navigate to your web folder and make changes by right-clicking on a file or folder
and choosing to edit, upload or download the item.
CAUTION: If your Fredonia site is maintained using OmniUpdate, this SFTP method of updating
web pages should not be used. If you see a file named _breadcrumb_inc.asp inside of your web site directory then your site is very likely to be maintained
with OmniUpdate. If so, please contact the University Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org