Please note that SUNY Fredonia provides special services to students receiving VA educational entitlements:
- Late Fee Waivers - Please click here for more information.
- Tutoring - The SUNY Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office participates in the GI Bill Tutorial Assistance Program. For more information please click here.
- VA Work-Study Program - The SUNY Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office participates in the federal VA Work-Study Program. For more information please click here.
- Counseling Services - Trained staff within the SUNY Fredonia Counseling Center provide confidential counseling services.
- On-Campus Housing Residency - While SUNY Fredonia requires all freshmen and sophomores to reside on-campus unless they live within 50 miles of the University, this residency requirement is waived for all students who have served on active duty and are receiving VA educational entitlements.
- Deployments Without Penalty - Students serving in the military who are placed on active duty during a semester may withdrawal and return to the university normally without academic penalty. However, it is left to the discretion of the course instructor to determine the appropriate course of action depending on the course of study. Students will need to provide the university a copy of official orders and follow the normal Leave of Absence Policy and Continuing Enrollment . For more detailed information, please click here.
- Military Credit Evaluation - SUNY Fredonia will evaluate your Joint Services Transcript and provide as much transfer credit as possible in accordance with your program of study and university policies.