Connecting to FREDsecure with Windows XP (You must have SP3 installed)
(1) Right-click the Wireless Network icon in the taskbar, and choose View Available Wireless Networks. It should bring up this window:
(2) In the left column under Related Tasks, click Change the order of preferred networks. The Wireless Network Connection Properties window will open to the Wireless Networks tab:
(3) Click the Add... button located underPreferred networks.
(4) The Wireless network properties window opens to the Association tab. Enter the following data, as shown in the image below:
(5) Click the Authentication tab and in the EAP type drop-down menu, select Protected EAP (PEAP). Also, uncheck Authenticate as computer when computer information is available.
(6) Now click the properties button and check Validate server certificate and make sure that GlobalSign is checked under Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
(7) Under Select Authentication Method, select Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
(8) Check Enable Fast Reconnect.
(9) Click Configure, and uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any
(10) Click OK and close all remaining windows.
(11) When you go to connect to FREDsecure now, you will be prompted for a Username and Password.
NOTE: If you are prompted to Validate Server Certificate, click OK.
(12) You should now be connected to the SUNY Fredonia Wireless Network.