Jobs at ResNet
The ResNet Office employs approximately 7 students during the semester as ResNet technicians. Technicians handle in-room and in-office support calls as well as other various projects during the semester. Technicians are also responsible for secretarial duties such as answering the phone, email, and submitting FredQuest tickets. Technicians will be exposed to a wide range of information technology discplines which may include the following: IEEE 802.3 Ethernet local area networks, IEEE 802.11 a\b\g\n\x wireless networks, network access control, card access control, network client security and remediation, computer hardware and software support, network and computer security, network printing, databases and Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems.
When applying for a technician position, you must:
- Be a currently registered undergraduate student at SUNY Fredonia.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Be in good standing academically.
- Have an adequate technical aptitude.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
Typically, technicians should expect to work:
- 10-20 hours per week during the semester.
- There are also opportunities to work over breaks and the summer.
All technicians must:
- Attend ResNet training prior to fall and spring semesters.
- Actively participate in ResNet SWAT which is the on-site technical support for residence halls at the beginning of the fall semester during move in weekend.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
If you would like to help your fellow students and gain valuable work experience, please fill out the job application in the ResNet Office located in Nixon Hall room 158. You can also download the application here and drop it by the ResNet Office at your convenience. Please remember to attach your resume to the job application. Thank you.