SUNY Fredonia Science, Math and Technology Mission
SUNY Fredonia continually rethinks its approach to science, technology, engineering
and math (STEM) education so that it can provide its graduates with a skill set relevant
to a world economy increasingly driven by technological innovation. The STEM departments
are committed to:
- Providing STEM majors with a sound education including a theoretical background, hands
on experience with up to date scientific instrumentation, experience with modern scientific
research practices and the ability to communicate scientific information.
- Creating an environment that enables state of the art faculty research and facilitates
the inclusion of students in that research.
- Providing non-STEM majors with a science background that will allow them to better
understand the scientific enterprise and to make better informed decisions concerning
public policy issues that relate to science.
- Equipping science education majors with the tools necessary to become creative and
effective teachers of science and mathematics.
- Create and maintain a facility that provides an environment that facilitates creative
and collaborative research and teaching that is a catalyst for change and discovery.
In addition, this science center will provide windows into the world of science with
performance science spaces and exhibits.