Community of Science (COS) a ProQuest brand has been recognized as a global leader that provides unmatched
tools for discovering funding opportunities and supporting collaboration in the research
development field. Pivot answers the growing demands on research developers to quickly discover the right
funding opportunities and effectively collaborate with their colleagues. Designed
for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students, it's intuitive and easily implemented.
As a faculty, staff or student at Fredonia, you have free access to the Community
of Science and Pivot. As the COS data base contains a profile for you, it is a good
idea to visit the site to make sure the information on you is accurate and up to date.
Campus PDC supports Pivot, for assistance click here: http://www.fredonia.edu/pdc/pivot.asp
Pivot is a tool that:
- Provides access to the most comprehensive source of funding opportunities globally
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of your organization
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams,
or researchers and the Research Development office
- Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
- Enables you to add internal deadlines to critical funding opportunities and sends
weekly updates on saved searches you organize in your own folders
- Create groups for sharing funding opportunities on an ongoing basis
With a personalized experience through your own profile, Pivot pinpoints funding opportunities
with searches that are
Accurate: Updated daily to add new information drawn from sources linked to profiles in publications
from vetted sources and web content associated with a scholar's profile, and to drop
out expired opportunities.
Automated: Users can receive alerts whenever new matching opportunities are posted that match
their saved searches.
Focused: Search just one database for funding in any discipline and country, rather than multiple
sources or scattershot across the internet.