Community of Science (COS) a ProQuest brand has been recognized as a global leader that provides unmatched tools for discovering funding opportunities and supporting collaboration in the research development field. Pivot answers the growing demands on research developers to quickly discover the right funding opportunities and effectively collaborate with their colleagues. Designed for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students, it's intuitive and easily implemented.
As a faculty, staff or student at SUNY Fredonia, you have free access to the Community of Science and Pivot. As the COS data base contains a profile for you, it is a good idea to visit the site to make sure the information on you is accurate and up to date.
Campus PDC supports Pivot, for assistance click here: http://www.fredonia.edu/pdc/pivot.asp
Pivot is a tool that:
- Provides access to the most comprehensive source of funding opportunities globally
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of your organization
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams, or researchers and the Research Development office
- Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
- Enables you to add internal deadlines to critical funding opportunities and sends weekly updates on saved searches you organize in your own folders
- Create groups for sharing funding opportunities on an ongoing basis
With a personalized experience through your own profile, Pivot pinpoints funding opportunities with searches that are
- Accurate: Updated daily to add new information drawn from sources linked to profiles in publications from vetted sources and web content associated with a scholar's profile, and to drop out expired opportunities.
- Automated: Users can receive alerts whenever new matching opportunities are posted that match their saved searches.
- Focused: Search just one database for funding in any discipline and country, rather than multiple sources or scattershot across the internet.