Grant Application Policies and Procedures
» OSP Services
Early contact with the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is the watch-word of the day in developing your proposal. OSP staff will meet with prospective applicant faculty or staff. For those new to the process, the staff will assist in funding searches, walk you through RFPs, establish a schedule for work products, and/or provide individualized assistance as needed. The OSP can and does respond quickly to deadlines, but, given the new electronic submission standards and processes, must have the completed proposal in hand 48 hours in advance of the deadline to assure meeting submission deadlines.
The OSP staff will assist in:
- identifying funding sources/sponsors;
- obtaining and interpreting funding source/sponsor guidelines and requirements for proposals;
- obtaining model or successful applications;
- connect SUNY Fredonia faculty with other successful applicants;
- budget development, assuring compliance with sponsor and university policies;
- routing sheet approvals for university commitments;
- arranging and coordinating collaboration meetings;
- writing/editing assistance;
- other grant preparation related investigator needs.
All prospective faculty or staff applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their proposal concepts with the appropriate Chair, Dean and/or Director to assure alignment with campus strategic objectives and potential departmental or unit impact.
The responsibility for project narrative most commonly rests with the applicant faculty or staff members, but the OSP will assist in writing institutional or multi-discipline proposals and will complete required forms and certifications. Budgets, whether prepared in draft by the applicant or in conjunction with OSP staff are reviewed and approved by the OSP Director for compliance with RF/SUNY policies and procedures. The routing sheet for administrative approvals is prepared and approvals sought. No application may be submitted to a sponsor without having first obtained campus approvals.
Copies of the proposal are kept in the OSP pending files until notification of award or declination.