A wide range of services are available from the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Funding Searches - We assist in identifying appropriate sponsors for projects through database searches.
Researchers should review their vita and funding source list at the InfoEd Global:
http://infoedglobal.com/ during concept exploration and proposal development.
- Assistance in Proposal Development - While staff does not write proposals, we assist assistance in proposal development
and regional demographic data and "boilerplate" information on the campus. Interpretation
of sponsor guidelines; sponsor contacts; obtaining successful or model applications;
contact with or referral to other faculty/staff or community organizations; proposal
editing, and format suggestions are regular activities.
- Budgeting Assistance and Approvals - The initial development and review of proposal project budgets can be handled by
staff. Budgets are checked against appropriate guidelines for compliance. Budgets
must receive administrative approvals, beginning with OSP staff.
- Administrative Approvals - The OSP coordinates the passage of the Proposal Summary Routing Sheets through
the offices of the campus to assure that all required administrative signatures are
obtained and the proposal has fulfilled the Research Foundation and SUNY Fredonia
requirements for submission. A minimum of three days is usually required for the routing
of the approvals sheets.
- Duplication Service - Proposals are copied, collated, properly bound and sent to sponsors to meet set
deadlines. Copies for campus personnel are disseminated.
- Delivery Services - The OSP will absorb costs associated with sending the proposal to the potential
sponsor, including overnight mail, Federal Express, Airborne, and/or Certified Mail.
- Electronic Submission - The majority of proposals are now submitted online. OSP will upload required documents,
secure submission acceptance notifications and track sponsor requests.
- Administrative Support- Upon notification of funding, the staff works closely with the post-award office
of the Research Foundation to assure smooth implementation and compliance. Post-award
services such as contract no-cost extensions, budget modifications, contract negotiation,
expenditure monitoring, etc. are provided.
Those planning to submit a proposal should contact the office at least 5 working days prior to the proposal deadline. The OSP is not responsible for late submission of
proposals due to lack of planning and/or timely notification and processing of a proposal
on the part of the applicant.