*REVISED AUGUST 2006*
Documentation of disability must be on file with the DSS office in order for students to access exam accommodation services through this office. Students are eligible for exam accommodations based on the documentation of disability, which clearly indicates that exam accommodation is an appropriate accommodation due to his/her disability-related functional limitations.
Exam Accommodations Procedure
- Students meet with the DSS Coordinator with class schedule including instructors’ names and copy of syllabi to determine exam accommodations.
- Students discuss the need for exam accommodations with faculty. This is done as soon as possible; students will be responsible for bringing the accommodation notice to the instructor.
- At least ONE FULL WEEK prior to exam date, students call 673-3270, visit the DSS office, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online exam accommodation request procedure to schedule exam dates and times.
- At least one class prior to exam dates, students remind faculty of exam arrangement. Arrangements are made to have a copy of exam delivered to the Learning Center.
- On exam day students come to the Learning Center to take exam, which is generally returned to the instructor by the Learning Center.
Exam Scheduling Policies
- Rescheduling Exams
If exams cannot be taken at the Learning Center on the same day and time as the rest of the class, students will need to seek instructor permission to take exam an alternate day or time. It is the student's responsibility to discuss these changes with the instructor. Failure to obtain the instructor's prior written approval will result in your not being permitted to take the exam in the Learning Center.
- Evening Exams
Students with evening exams (after 5 p.m.) are advised to speak with instructors about taking the exam earlier in the day as the Learning Center offices are not open after 5 p.m.
- Extended Time
At SUNY Fredonia extended time means time and a half (1.5x) for semester exams and finals. On rare occasions and with significant documentation, a student may be permitted double time (2x) for exams. Due to the increasing number of exam accommodations, the extended time policy for exams will be strictly enforced. If you are late for your exam, the time you missed cannot be made up.