2007 - 2008 Archived News
- The Pay Bill passes! Read the 6/12/2008 UUP press release.
- Read Tim Allan's 6/11/2008 response to the budget memo.
- Read President Hefner's 6/05/2008 budget memo.
- On Wednesday, May 7, the UUP-Fredonia Executive Committee meets with President Hefner to discuss the budget situation, data security, DSI, staffing and workload issues.
- Zia Arnuvat traveled to Albany on May 1 to attend a UUP rally against the proposed budget cuts.
- On Friday, April 25, the UUP-Fredonia Executive Committee met to discuss the agenda for the next Labor Management meeting.
- UUP-Fredonia members traveled to New York City to attend the NYSUT Representative Assembly on April 10 - 12.
- **BENEFIT CHANGE** - Effective 4/1/08, UUP's dental provider changes from Cigna to Delta Dental. More information is available on UUP's website.
Delta Group Number: 00165
- United University Professions ratifies new four-year contract - UUP President Phillip H. Smith announced that the agreement, reached Dec. 19, 2007, won the approval of 97.5 percent of the members who cast ballots. The new agreement runs from July 2, 2007 to July 1, 2011.
- Christopher Taverna was voted in as the Amenities Chair to fill the vacancy created by Kathleen Bonds.
- Ed Giblin presented a workshop for professionals on performance programs on 3/4/08.
- Chapter Leaders travel to Lake George for UUP Leadership training on 3/14/08.
- Janet Mayer was voted in as the Grievance Officer for Professionals to fill the vacancy created by Kathleen Bonds.
- Chapter Representatives traveled to Albany for the Delegate Assembly on 3/08/08 and witnessed the election of new UUP President, Phillip Smith.