2008 - 2009 Archived News
- Newly elected President, Bridget Russell, attended UUP Leadership Training 6/26 and 6/27 in Lake George, NY.
- The UUP Executive Board held a retreat on 6/18 to welcome new board members and plan events for the upcoming year.
- Run-off elections are being held to determine Vice President for Academics and Affirmative Action Officer. The Executive Board will be appointing a Grievance Chair for Academics. Contact a board member if you are interested.
UUP Fredonia Chapter election results are in! Congratulations and welcome to all of the new officers:
- Bridget Russell - President
- TBD - Vice President for Academics
- Idalia Torres - Vice President for Professionals
- TBD - Grievance Chair for Academics
- Janet Mayer - Grievance Chair for Professionals
- Jack Berkely - Treasurer
- Jean Harper - Secretary
- Khalid Siddiqui - Membership Development Officer
- Mac Nelson - Retirement Concerns Officer
- Mary Cobb - Part-time Concerns Officer
- Chris Taverna - Amenities Officer
- Academic Delegates: Bridget Russell, Tom Morrissey, Bruce Simon, Jean Harper, Gerda Morrissey, Khalid Siddiqui, Kathleen Sacco, Ziya Arnavut, Subra Pendyala, Andrew Cullison and Mac Nelson
- Professional Delegates: Idalia Torres, Janet Mayer and Fran Polito
- UUP Delegates attended the Spring Delegate Assembly in Albany, NY on 4/24 and 4/25.
- Over 40 UUP members attended the Workload Issues workshop presented by Ed Giblin (NYSUT), Fred Floss (UUP) and Peter Martineau (UUP) on 4/17.
- UUP Officers attended the Officer Training in Saratoga Springs, NY on 3/20 and 3/21.
- Nominations for UUP Chapter elections are due 2/4.
- Members of the SUNY Fredonia UUP Chapter Executive Board joined UUP and NYSUT to march on the capitol to protest SUNY budget cuts. Read more.
- Several members of the UUP Executive Board traveled to Albany, NY for the Winter Delegate Assembly, 1/30 - 1/31.
- The UUP Executive Board met on 1/28 to discuss nominations for upcoming elections.
- The UUP Executive Board meeting is scheduled for 9/25 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. in the Alumni House.
Bridget Russell, Ziya Arnavut, Bill Scheuerman and Janet Mayer
at the Fall 2008 Delegate Assembly in Albany, NY.
- UUP Delegates and observers travelled to Albany, NY on 9/19 and 9/20 to attend the 2008 Fall Delegate Assembly.
- Read President Hefner's 9/19/2008 budget memo.
- UUP is sponsoring dinners for our retired members and their guests at the annual SUNY Fredonia Retirement Recognition Dinner on 9/16 in the Williams Center.
- UUP greeted new faculty members and distributed information at the Faces and Functions Resource Fair on 8/21 in the Natatorium Lobby.