This website works best with a current browser. Update your browser from

Continuing Students

 Welcome back to Fredonia! Since you are responsible for the receipt of your VA Educational Benefits, it is important that you understand your duties and responsibilities as a veteran student while attending the State University of New York at Fredonia. The Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office acts as a liaison between the student and the Veterans Administration while operating under VA federal guidelines. The VA has the ultimate authority in determining your eligibility for VA Educational benefits. If you have any questions about eligibility, please contact the VA at 1-888-442-4551.


The main responsibility of the Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office is to certify enrollment for students receiving educational entitlements and assist them in their transition from military to college life. Certification is the formal process of notifying the VA of a student’s enrollment for educational benefits. You must submit a new completed online Fredonia Veterans Fact Sheet for each semester that you intend to receive VA benefits which includes fall, j-term, spring, may-term, summer1, summer2, summer extended terms. Please note that you will not be certified and receive your benefits unless you submit this form to the Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office at least 10 business days prior to the beginning of the given term. This form can be submitted online by clicking here.

Enrollment Status Changes

Please note that the Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office is required by law to report all enrollment status changes to Veterans Administration. We would also like to remind you that it is your responsibility, as indicated on the Fredonia VA Fact Sheet, to notify our office in writing within 10 business days of any enrollment changes throughout the semester. Enrollment changes include the following: adding or dropping classes, changing your Major, repeating a course that you have already received a letter grade in, if you stop attending or withdrawal from school,  and any changes in your contact information.

Please submit an updated Fredonia Veterans Fact Sheet to our office as soon as possible for each semester you intend to use benefits for after you have registered for classes and/or if there are any enrollment status changes throughout the semester.

Failure to do so may result in over – payment or under – payment and/or non-payment of your benefits .

Change of Major/Program

If you decide to change your major or program you must complete a new Fredonia Veterans Fact Sheet and submit it to the Fredonia Veterans Affair Office within 10 business days of the effective date. You are also required to submit a VA FORM 22-1995 Change of Program or Place of Training to the Veterans Administration using VONAPP. A link can be found on our website for VONAPP under "Quick Links".

Adds, Drops, Withdrawal

The Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office is required to report any changes in enrollment to the VA; therefore, you must notify the Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office immediately if you add, drop, or withdraw from any classes.  You must complete a new Fredonia Veterans Fact Sheet and submit it to the Fredonia Veterans Affair Office within 10 business days of the effective date.

Students may be required to pay back portions of their benefits if they drop a course, withdraw, or receive a non punitive grade. It is the student’s responsibility to verify information certified to the VA and repay any overpayment.

Concurrent Enrollment

If you are enrolled at two or more schools in the same semester, you may apply as a concurrent student and receive benefits for the total combined hours enrolled. If the State University of New York at Fredonia is your parent institution, you must submit a copy of your paid tuition and fee receipt with the listing of the courses you are enrolled in at the supplemental school. Once received, the Veterans Affairs Office will prepare a Parent School Letter stating which courses will transfer and apply toward your degree plan at Fredonia.

Repeat or Duplication
If a student fails a course or receives a grade below departmental requirements, then they may repeat the same course and receive VA educational benefits. All other duplications can NOT be certified.


Page modified 12/7/15