Please note that the State University of New York at Fredonia provides special services
to students receiving VA educational entitlements:
- Late Fee Waivers - Please click here for more information.
- Tutoring - The State University of New York at Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office participates
in the GI Bill Tutorial Assistance Program. For more information please click here.
- VA Work-Study Program - The State University of New York at Fredonia Veterans Affairs Office participates
in the federal VA Work-Study Program. For more information please click here.
- Counseling Services - Trained staff within the State University of New York at Fredonia Counseling Center
provide confidential counseling services.
- On-Campus Housing Residency - While State University of New York at Fredonia requires all freshmen and sophomores
to reside on-campus unless they live within 50 miles of the University, this residency
requirement is waived for all students who have served on active duty and are receiving
VA educational entitlements.
- Deployments Without Penalty - Students serving in the military who are placed on active duty during a semester
may withdrawal and return to the university normally without academic penalty. However,
it is left to the discretion of the course instructor to determine the appropriate
course of action depending on the course of study. Students will need to provide the
university a copy of official orders and follow the normal Leave of Absence Policy
and Continuing Enrollment . For more detailed information, please click here.
- Military Credit Evaluation - The State University of New York at Fredonia will evaluate your Joint Services Transcript and provide as much transfer credit as possible in accordance with your program of
study and university policies.