Second Annual Art of Science Exhibition
CATHEXIS by Fredonia Alumni Jamie Greenfield - click here for more information about this amazing painting
Science and Art Exhibit Rules:
- Participants acknowledge the right of SUNY Fredonia to use images of their entries for publication.
- Promotion of commercial products not allowed in your work.
- Maximum of three submissions per individual.
How will the art work be judged?
Judges will use the following criteria to determine the top two prize winners.
- Stimulating to the senses
- Visually Compelling
- Aesthetic value
- Communicate the beauty of their scientific investigation
- Effective communication
The Third-place winner will be determined by the people (“People’s Choice”). Individuals who wish to cast a vote in the People’s Choice category can do so by visiting the Science Center Main office where they can pick up and deposit their voting slips. Voting will be held on May 7th to May 9th. Voting must be done during regular business hours (8am-4:30pm).
What do you need to do?
- Read all rules associated with the Science and Art Exhibit.
- Click here to register (you do not need your description at this time).
- Drop off your work at the Science Center main office.
- Items must be dropped off by Friday May 3rd at 11:00am.
- Include an explanation of the science and type of media used to create your work (approximately 150 words).
- Stop by the SUNY Fredonia Science Center from May 7th through 9th to enjoy the exhibit and cast your vote for “People’s Choice”. Remember, votes must be cast during regular business hours(8am-4:30pm).
A reception will be held at the SUNY Fredonia Science Center on May 10th at 4pm for all to enjoy.
Prize winners will be announced at the reception. Please Join us for snacks and refreshments. Take this time to meat other artists and mingle.
This exhibit is supported by a grant from the Costello Interplay Award and the Phyllis W. and Lawrence A. Patrie Endowment for the Sciences.