Are you new to Fredonia?
Take a look here for information on joining Fredonia English!
How To Apply: A direct link to Undergraduate Admission's home page; make sure to tell them you want to be an English Major!
English Composition Waiver: Want to get ahead of the pack? Take a look here and see if you qualify for the English Composition Waiver! [Please note that as of December 27, 2019, the English Department will no longer be evaluating portfolios of students seeking a waiver of ENGL 100. Instead, scores of 50 or above on the CLEP College Composition test will be accepted as ENGL 100 equivalencies.]
Scholarships and Awards: Who doesn't like scholarships? Take a deeper dive into what Fredonia can offer YOU!
Academic Programs in English
Each of the following links to the full list of required courses to complete each degree program:
- English: Bachelor of Arts combines required foundational courses with a wide range of options among skills- and content-based course categories in order to open pathways for every student to gain the most from the major and our faculty. Internships and other applied learning opportunities in English-related fields help our students turn those pathways into careers.
- English - Adolescence Education: Bachelor of Arts combines required foundational courses in pedagogy and literature and a plethora of field experiences in order to open pathways for all students to develop the ideas and practices that will make them effective in the classrooms of an increasingly complex and diverse society.
- English: Minor gives students maximum flexibility to explore the department’s range of offerings in American literature, creative and persuasive writing, drama, English Education, film, linguistics, literary theory, popular culture, ethnic and gender studies, and world literature.
- Writing and Rhetoric: Minor empowers students from an array of disciplines to write effective, persuasive prose for a variety of audiences, contexts, and purposes.
- Creative Writing: Minor offers talented fiction writers and poets a crucial opportunity to develop their voice and hone their craft through a series of increasingly rigorous workshop experiences taught by our award-winning writers.