Dr. Rebecca Thompson
Dr. Rebecca Thompson, Ph.D.
Fenton Hall Fenton Hall
Ph.D., University of Texas at Dallas
Authentic assessment in in-person and online modalities; designing Open Educational Resources (OERs); teaching French to heritage speakers
War and political literature; the Holocaust and anti-Semitism in France; Résistancialisme and war memory; Québécois literature
- Foucault and Panopticisms
- Vichy France, Occupation, and collaboration
- American Association of Teachers of French
- New York State Association of Foreign Language Teachers
- ""Little Wet-Paint Girl: Excerpts from Ouanessa Younsi's 'Métissée'"," Modern Poetry in Translation (2020).
- "Emmanuel Levinas in the Works of Elie Wiesel," Milin Havivin (2016).
- "Three Poems by Larisa Emilyanovna Miller," metamorphoses (2015).
- Metamorphoses: a journal of literary translation, 2016: Five College Faculty Seminar on Literary Translation. “Three Poems by Larisa Emilyanovna Miller”. Copyright (N/A).
- Modern Poetry in Translation, “The World for a Moment,” Summer 2020. “Excerpts from Ouanessa Younsi’s Métissée”. Copyright (N/A).
- "Jeannot chez les Nazis: The Vivisection of Urban Spaces in the Journal of a WWII Déporté du Travail," 118th Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association Conference (2021).
- "Looking East from the Center: Foucaultian Power Relations and Soviet-Yiddish Literature," Conference on Cultural Migrations (2021).
- "The Holocaust Writing of Dovid Bergelson," 48th Annual Scholars’ Conference on the Holocaust and the Churches (2018).
- "Journalistic Attitudes Towards Immigration in the French Republic: A Case Study," 38th Annual European Studies Conference (2013).