Igoe Hall I0103
M.F.A., Savannah College of Art and Design
Professor in Photography, MFA in Photography (1996) Savannah College of Art and Design, BFA in Studio Art, concentration in Photography (1990) University of Calgary. Work has appeared in numerous national and international exhibitions that encourage the audience to explore the point at which photography and technology, art and science, merge including participating in four prestigious SIGGRAPH Art Galleries. Imagery published in Robert Hirsch’s text Light and Lens: Photography in the Digital Age (1st and 2nd editions) and Exploring Color Photography: From Film to Pixels (5th and 6th editions) and artwork is held in the Permanent Collection of the Cleveland Museum of Art in Cleveland OH, Novosibirsk State Art Museum in Novosibirsk, Russia; Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY and Erie Institute of Technology, Erie, PA. Essay, “A New Leaf”, which discusses contemporary electronic imagings return to its photographic origins through nature-related subject matter, is published in Dr. Anna Ursyn’s anthology, Biologically-Inspired Computing for the Arts: Scientific Data through Graphics (IGI Global). Images from her Sun Prints series are included in “The Muse” showcase published in Diffusion, Volume IV (One Twelve Publishing). Awarded SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Faculty Service in 2014 and 2013 Marion Fellowship for the Visual and Performing Arts (inaugural recipient).
Monday: 1-3pm (virtual)
Tuesday: 9-9:30am; 12-1pm
Thursday: 9-9:30am; 12-1pm
All aspects of Photography, specializing in digital processes and color theory.
Study of image/word hierarchy and dependence on abstract language systems - current redirection from phoneme (speech/semantic) language structures to logograph (visual/ideogram) languages.
Awards and Honors
- IJACDT Review Board Member, International Journal of Art, Culture and Design Technologies (2016).
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service, State University of New York (2014).
- Marion Fellowship for the Visual and Performing Arts, SUNY Fredonia University Advancement and Marion Circle members (2013).
- Editorial Board, Advisory Member, Dr. Anna Ursyn, editor, “Biologically-Inspired Computing for the Arts: Scientific Data through Graphics”, IGI Global. (2011).
- Artist Residency, Vermont Studio Center (2009).
- Book Arts Residency, Booksmart Studios (2007).