Fall 2020 Reopening Plans for DSS
Please read below for important Fall 2020 reopening information.
For Students with Disabilities:
- Due to the risks of transmitting COVID-19 in high-traffic areas, there will not be any testing provided through the Disability Support Services Office, unless there is a technological need that cannot be fulfilled in another way (such as electronic test readers).
- All faculty will be notified, by the Office of Disability Support Services, of extended time accommodations and will be instructed to modify the time of exams in OnCourse.
- In an effort to keep everyone healthy, appointments will be held over Google Hangouts or Zoom. If you are having a particular issue, please email first and ask for a video conference and then I will set up an appointment for the two of us.
- To register for accommodations at the beginning of the semester, please fill out this Google form which will prompt the DSS office to send your accommodation memo. Again, if anything has changed, please email the DSS office at email@example.com and we can set up a video conference appointment.
- The DSS testing room, for Students with Disabilities, will be at a reduced capacity (25%) and have reduced hours in order to meet social distancing guidelines. To this extent, it will not be feasible to handle testing on a synchronous basis with all classes.
- Please provide online assessment through OnCourse to the greatest degree possible.
- If the use of the testing room cannot be avoided, please know that an appointment for testing will be made when it is appropriate for DSS, in terms of room availability and hours of operation.