Bulgaria - Semester Program
American University in Bulgaria (AUBG)
Now entering its second decade, the American University in Bulgaria, a highly selective private university, attracts students and faculty from countries all over the world. Located in the city of Blagoevgrad, AUBG lies at the foot of the Rila and Pirin mountains, just north of Greece. Visitors to Blagoevgrad often call it a student-friendly city. With its clean quiet surroundings, walking plaza, shops, and restaurants, it is small enough for students to find anything they need in minutes. At the same time, the dynamic environment of outdoor cafes, movie theaters, and recreational facilities makes it possible for students to have a balanced life with both rigorous study and fun. Students live in residence halls and have the option of eating their meals in the dining hall or residence hall cafes. AUBG offers nine major and eleven minor programs including European Studies, Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, European Studies, History, International Relations, Journalism and Mass Communication, Mathematics, Political Science.
- Program Type: Study Abroad/Exchange
- Language of Instruction: English
- Housing and Meals: Students live in suite style residence halls. Check out AUBG's slide show.
- Program Dates: Fall and Spring Semesters
- Eligible Participants: Students must have sophomore standing and a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Application Deadlines:
- Academic Year and Fall: March 1
- Spring: October 15
- Cost: 2019 - 2020 Student Budget
- AUBG website: www.aubg.bg
- AUBG course descriptions: Academic Catalog
- Applications: Submit an application and a copy of your transcripts to the Office of International Education.