Eastern Mediterranean University
Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) offers students from a large variety of academic disciplines for undergraduate and graduate students to study abroad at a university that teaches in English and Turkish. Among its many academic programs, EMU offers course work in Arts, Business, Communication, Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Health Sciences and Services, Social Science, Humanities, and Turkish Language. With impressive programs and research, the university is ranked within the top 5% of 25,000 universities all over the world.
In addition to its impressive academic programs, EMU is home to students from more than 100 countries and offers a number of cultural excursions and celebrations throughout the academic year. Cyprus is the third largest Mediterranean island south of Turkey known for its beaches and warm, temperate climate. The country has many ruins and castles, a stunning coastline and rugged, mountainous interior. Famagusta is a coastal city with a far reaching history, cultural festivals throughout the year, and popular nightlife in the old city walls.
- Program Type: Study Abroad and Exchange
- Language of Instruction: English and Turkish
- Housing and Meals: Students may choose to live in on campus residence halls. Information on these halls can be found here.
- Dates: Fall, Spring, and Academic Year
- Eligible Participants: Students must have sophomore standing with a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Courses: Students can explore courses online.
- Application Deadlines:
- Academic Year and Fall: March 1
- Spring: October 15
- Estimated Cost: Exchange Student Budget 2019 - 2020
- EMU Website: http://io.emu.edu.tr/en
- Application: Submit an application and a copy of your transcripts to the Office of International Education.