London Theatre Appreciation - J-Term
London Theatre Appreciation
Course Number: INED 299 - London Theatre Appreciation
This ten day course in London, England will introduce students to historic traditions and contemporary trends inherent in British theatre and art. Through a series of visits to London's West End theatres, museums, art galleries, and other cultural institutions, students will gain a deeper insight into the distinctive nature of British Art and Culture, see five major West End plays, go behind the scenes at the National Theatre, and take a guided tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. Also included is a full-day trip by private coach to visit the World Heritage Sites of Stonehenge and Bath. Students will experience Stonehenge in a unique way with a sunrise tour walking among the stones. Bath is a beautiful and unforgettable place to visit, with its hot springs, Roman Baths, splendid Abbey, and Georgian stone crescents. The day trip also includes a stop in Lacock where students will have photo ops on locations featured in the Harry Potter films. Students will also have time to explore the wonders of London, visit Westminster Abby, Greenwich, the British Museum, and do a brass rubbing at the Cafe in the Crypt, or attend a candlelight concert in St. Martin's in the Field church. Housing includes kitchenettes to help participants keep costs to a minimum
- Instructor: Ted Sharon is a professional actor and director, and the Head of Performance in the Department of Theatre and Dance Fredonia.
- Program Type: Faculty-Led
- Credits: 3 Undergraduate
- Course Dates: December 26, 2019 - January 6, 2020
- Language of Instruction: English
- Housing: Apartments
- Eligible Participants: Students in good academic standing and community members
- Application Deadline: May 3, 2019
- $150 Deposit Due: June 1, 2019
- Course Fee Payment Deadline: November 8, 2019
- Cost: 2020 Student Budget
- Apply Now: Submit an application, one faculty reference (included in application) and a copy of your transcripts to the Office of International Education.