Email to students on January 13, 2021
We hope that you enjoyed a healthy break and we are looking forward to your return.
The first day of classes will take place on Wednesday, February 3. You must review these important instructions for a safe start.
Testing Requirements for Pre-Arrival
For all of SUNY, any student who will be coming to campus for the spring semester is required to provide documentation confirming a negative test for COVID-19 taken within three days prior to return but no later than five days of returning to campus (or medical documentation of a positive test within the last 90 days).
Below are options for obtaining a test:
- Find a Community-Based Testing Site via the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services or visit NYS’s Find a Test Site Near You
- At home test- e.g. Let’s Get Checked, Pixel by LabCorp, or Vault Health
- Participate in an on-campus re-entry testing clinic on 1/29, 2/1, or 2/2 (sign-up required)
To reduce the risk of virus transmission, it is strongly recommended that you take a COVID test prior to your return.
Beginning 1/25, all students will receive a link to Spring 2021 Returning to Campus form to complete pre-arrival. All students must complete this form. Please be aware, that if you will be on campus for any reason in spring 2021 you must:
- Submit evidence of a negative test result (or documentation of a positive result) or sign-up to participate in on-campus re-entry testing on 1/29, 2/1 or 2/2
- Attest to having completed (or that you will complete) a seven-day precautionary quarantine prior to returning to campus
For students traveling to New York State from a noncontiguous state, U.S. territory, or CDC level 2 or level 3 country, please note that the New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory remains in place. Residential students will need to contact Residence.Life@fredonia.edu to arrange to complete your precautionary quarantine.