Department of Theatre and Dance
AUDITION REQUEST FORM
212 Rockefeller Arts Center
The State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063
The Department of Theatre and Dance is now accepting applications for auditions for
the 2015-16 academic year. Please fill out the form below and click the "SUBMIT FORM" button
at the bottom when complete. Please check the accuracy of your submission, particularly
your email address. All applications must be done electronically through use of this form. Please contact the department at 716-673-3596 if you have difficulty using this form.
There is a non-refundable $25 fee to audition or interview for the BFA Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance, and Technical
Production/Design. There is an additional non-refundable $15 fee if you require an accompanist to audition for the BFA Musical Theatre program. If
you wish to provide your own accompanist you need not pay the $15 fee. Please indicate
that on the audition form where it asks if you will require an accompanist for your
audition. No audition date will be scheduled until the audition fee is paid.
Students interested in interviewing for the BFA Theatrical Design and Production degree
may now have their portfolio/interview done via Skype. If you are interested in taking advantage of this technology, you will need a computer
with a webcam and Skype installed. If possible, sending a digital portfolio in advance
to the department is helpful but not required.
Audition fees are not refundable. If you will not be able to make the audition date
you select, please let us know as soon as possible. We usually have people on waiting
lists who would like the opportunity to take advantage of any cancellations. Thanks
for your consideration.
- Audition requests should be made at least FOUR weeks in advance. The Department of Theatre and Dance will make confirmation of the audition
appointment after all application materials have been received and all applicable
fees have been paid.
- Changes of audition date may be made only by reapplying after confirmation is sent.
- Early auditions are encouraged due to space limitations in BFA programs. It may be
necessary to place qualified applicants who audition late on a waiting list for admission.
- The department does not accept videotapes or DVDs in lieu of a live audition. You must audition in person to be considered for acceptance. The department will consider international applicants who submit recorded or other electronically mediated auditions. Please contact us to inquire about a recorded audition.
- Decisions on acceptance are made as soon as possible following auditions. Students
should understand that ALL ADMISSIONS to any BFA program are subject to receiving admission to the university
itself. Admission to any BFA degree program DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ADMISSION TO SUNY
FREDONIA. You MUST apply for admission to SUNY Fredonia in addition to auditioning for the Department of Theatre and Dance.
- No private auditions for BFA Acting, BFA Dance or BFA Musical Theatre are scheduled.
Directions for completing this application
- Please fill out the "Audition Request Form 2014" below to complete the application
form. Make sure you double-check all the information, particularly the date you wish to schedule for your audition,
and your email address.
- Students auditioning for the BFA Musical Theatre program will also be simultaneously
considered for the BFA Acting program based on their monologues.
- Students auditioning either for the BFA Acting or the BFA Musical Theatre programs
AND who wish to audition for the BFA Dance program as well must audition on two separate dates. We cannot accommodate a dance audition with an audition for any other program, as
the dance audition is an all-day audition process. You may choose to select both a
date for an acting/musical theatre audition AND a date for a dance audition within
this same form by selecting the appropriate boxes with different dates.
- After submitting your form, complete payment of the audition fee. Please remember
that you will not be given an audition date confirmation until we receive payment
of the audition fee.