W305 Thompson Hall
Fredonia, NY 14063
Students of SUNY Fredonia’s Music Industry Program will acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful within the music industry today. Upon completion of the program, graduates will earn a Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Music Industry. The program offers students a broad education spanning the business and music departments, with classes ranging from accounting and marketing to music copyrights and contracts. Students are given the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience through internships, on-campus activities, classroom learning, and industry-leading guest speakers.
What to Expect:
- Business-oriented Music Industry classes.
- Faculty with real world experience
- Visits from guest speakers like Joey Molland of Badfinger, Robby Takac of The Goo Goo Dolls, and Joey DeMaio of Manowar.
- On campus activities including a cappella groups, concerts, and open mic nights.
- Business-oriented clubs like American Marketing Association, Business Administration Club, and Finance Club.
- Music Industry oriented clubs like Sound Services Club, Music Industry Club, and Fredonia's Radio Station (WCVF/WDVL)
- Campus-wide events such as Life is Art, Fred Fest, and Battle of the New Bands
In the News:
Chris O'Dell, author of "Miss O’Dell: My Hard Days and Long Nights with The Beatles, The Stones, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, and the Women They Loved," speaks on the gender barrier in Rock and Roll, her experience at Apple Records, and her time as as a tour manager.