Dr. Wentao Cao
Dr. Wentao Cao
Jewett Hall 230A
Ph.D., University of Iowa
Teaching InterestsMineralogy and Petrology
Research InterestsMetamorphic Petrology and Tectonics.
Awards and Honors
- Individual Development Award, United University Professionals (2020).
- Individual Development Award, United University Professionals (2019).
- "Petrological implications of seafloor hydrothermal alteration of subducted mid-ocean ridge basalt," Journal of Petrology (2020).
- "Secular change and the onset of plate tectonics on Earth," Earth-Science Reviews (2020).
- "Partial melting of zoisite eclogite from the Sanddal area, North-East Greenland Caledonides," European Journal of Mineralogy (2020).
- "The timing of brittle deformation: An example from the Cenozoic faults in the Youjiang fold-thrust belt in southwestern China," Geological Journal (2020).
- "Partial melting due to breakdown of an epidote‐group mineral during exhumation of ultrahigh‐pressure eclogite: an example from the North‐East Greenland Caledonides," Journal of Metamorphic Geology (2019).
- "Pressure-temperature path of migmatite from Lac Dumoine Terrane, western Grenville Province. ," Joint 69th Annual Southeastern/55th Annual Northeastern Section Meeting. (2020).
- "Pressure-Temperature path of the high-pressure belt in eastern section of the western Grenville Province," Joint 69th Annual Southeastern/55th Annual Northeastern Section Meeting. (2020).
- "Pressure-Temperature Path of Eclogite from the Grenville Province, Southern Ontario," Northeast Geological Society of America Annual Meeting (2019).