Academic Advising Services
The Mission of Academic Advising Services at the State University of New York at Fredonia is to empower students in the development of meaningful educational plans that are consistent with their academic, personal and professional goals through direct service to the student and collaboration with faculty, staff, and other campus resources.
What is Academic Advising at Fredonia?
Academic advising is a developmental process which assists students in the clarification of their life/career goals and in the development of educational plans for the realization of these goals.
It is a decision-making process by which students realize their maximum educational potential through communication and information exchanges with an advisor; it is ongoing, multifaceted, and the responsibility of both student and advisor.
The advisor serves as a facilitator of communication, a coordinator of learning experiences through course and career planning and academic progress review, and an agent of referral to other campus agencies as necessary
We Can Help You With...
- Academic Forgiveness Programs
- Course Waivers
- Fredonia Foundations (General Education)
- Fredonia in 4
- Liberal Arts / Undecided Major
- Major and/or Minor Changes
- Probation and Academic Standing
- Self-Design Major and Minor
- Transfer Student Services
- Unofficial GPA Calculator
- Withdrawal, Medical Withdrawal, Leave of Absence, and Not Returning
When Should You See Your Academic Advisor?
- Every semester prior to your registration date
- To discuss academic progress
- To find out more about a particular major or minor
- To discuss any problems that might affect your academic performance
- To discuss dropping a class, and the possible impact from your decision (financial aid, full-time status, etc.)
- To discuss graduate and professional options and receive appropriate referrals
- To monitor progress toward graduation