New Student Orientation Programs
2022 New Student Transition Programs
The Office of New Student and Transition Programs is here to help your transition to the Big Blue Fredonia Family and complete all your enrollment items and action steps. Each semester we plan a required New Student Orientation for all incoming students (first-year and transfer) that takes place right before classes start. For new students entering in the fall semester, we also host summer programs to complete your academic course registration requirements. Once a student submits their deposit, our office will send detailed information appropriate to them.
Important Fall 2022 Enrollment Dates
Immunization and COVID Vaccination Records Due- Monday, August 1, 2022
Move In for New Students- Thursday, August 18, 2022
First Day of Classes-Monday, August 22, 2022
|Fall 2022 new student enrollment checklist||Jump Start Enrollment Program||New Student Orientation and move-in|
If you are a newly readmitted or reinstated student for the upcoming semester, please refer to the re-enrollment checklist below. Contact email@example.com with questions.
Jump Start Enrollment Program
Jump Start is the first step of orientation for new undergraduate first-year and transfer students! Fall 2022 students will complete Jump Start and course registration advisement virtually starting after June 20, 2022. Jump Start is a required experience that enables students to complete the items necessary to be enrolled in the fall semester.
STEP 1: FREDReady Fall 2022 mini-course
The first step is to complete an online mini-course within a student’s OnCourse group called “FREDReady Fall 2022.” Students can do this at their own pace and must complete the course before July 20. The FREDReady mini-course helps students learn how to complete many necessary enrollment items, as well as provides other important information regarding becoming a Fredonia student. The last lesson they complete in the mini-course provides them with a checklist to keep them on track and information about basic technology requirements. Log-in instructions:
Got to www.fredonia.edu
Click on the “myFred” link
Click on the “OnCourse” button at the top of the page
Log into OnCourse using your e-Services username and password (just like you would for FREDmail)
Once in OnCourse, click on Groups
Click on FREDReady Fall 2022
STEP 2: Academic advising appointment
Students will have an opportunity to meet virtually with an academic advisor to finalize or to make any necessary changes to their fall course schedule.
Once a student completes the “Tools for Learning” lesson within the FREDReady Fall 2022 course, they will be sent an email with a link to sign up for an individual academic advising appointment with an advisor.
Details about completing the Jump Start Program for fall 2022 students will be sent to all new students the first week of June 2022.
New Student Orientation and Move-In
Student Move-in Guide
New Student Move-In will take place the morning of August 18. Specific arrival directions and details will be emailed to students in July.
Participating in New Student Orientation (NSO) is required for all new first-year and transfer students. New Student Orientation will take place August 19-August 21 before the first day of classes on Monday, August 22.
New Student Orientation highlights include:
- An official introduction to the campus community
- Navigate the campus spaces (find classrooms, dining halls, etc.)
- Exposure to academic and personal support services
- Build relationship networks
- Participate in campus traditions
NSO Program Schedule
Fall 2022 MASTER LIST OF NSO EVENTS
New Student Orientation Completion Requirements
New Student Orientation takes place over a several days. We expect students to participate in the following activities on Friday, August 19, 2022
- Academic Welcome Meetings: Meeting with your major department starting at 1pm
- Clock Tower New Student Celebration: A Fredonia tradition at 2pm, included treat and picture!
- Reed Library Scavenger Hunt: Get familiar with all the academic success resources the Library provides between 4pm-8pm. Your time will be assigned to you!
- Transfer Student NSO Workshop: Just for new Transfer students, meet to with support staff and student leaders at 3pm to review critical information particular to you. Please register for this session here.
All new students must complete these mandatory enrollment items as a part of their New Student Orientation experience; instructions will be sent by email to all new students.
- NSO SESSION & TOUR: Attend a New Student Orientation (NSO) Session either in-person or virtually. Several options will be offered on August 20-21. Please register for a session that fits your schedule
- CULTURAL AWARENESS TRAINING: Complete the Cultural Awareness Training within the FREDReady Fall 2022 mini-course in their OnCourse account.
- PLAGIARISM PREVENTION TRAINING: Complete the Plagiarism Prevention Training within the FREDReady Fall 2022 mini-course in their OnCourse account.
- CONSENT & RESPECT MODULE: Complete the online Consent & Respect Module that will be sent to a student's FREDmail account.
- ACTIVE STUDENT SURVEY: Complete the Enrollment Verification questionnaire in a student's Your Connection account.
Please contact Erin Mroczka, New Student and Transition Programs at Erin.Mroczka@fredonia.edu or (716) 673-4969 with any questions you may have.
Logging into Your Connection.
Enter your User Name: Your Fredonia ID
Enter your Password: Your date of birth mmddyy (if this is your first time logging in)
The system will walk you through a process to change your password and protect your account.
It is important that you are able to log on and access your account. You will need to register for orientation, complete your course interest survey, download health information, and review your preliminary schedule through this system.
Checking your FREDMail (Fredonia email)
Your personalized eServices username is what students use to log into your FREDMail at my.fredonia.edu. Your username will be sent to you via email the day after we receive your deposit. It is a combination of 4 letters from your last name and 4 numbers from your Fredonia ID number.
Once you know your eServices username, you will need to create a password using the fredPASS site.
If you have difficulty with your eServices username and password please contact Fredonia's ITS Service Center at 716-673-3407.
In order to be registered for classes in the spring semester, you must comply with SUNY and New York State Department of Health Regulations for attending college at Fredonia by completing the following items before August 1, 2022:
1.) Submit a copy of your Immunization Records (MMR and Meningitis) to the Student Health Center via email, mail, or fax.
2.) Provide evidence (a photo of your COVID vaccination card) of being fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 OR receive an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Newly enrolled students who fail to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or who fail to receive an approved exemption by close of business on August 1 may be deregistered from SUNY Fredonia and will not be allowed to move into the Residence Halls.
- Also, students who must be on campus early (prior to August 18) for special programs, may receive an email indicating an earlier due date and are encouraged to submit documentation as soon as possible.
3.) Complete the Meningitis Vaccine Form in Your Connection.
4.) If you are under the age of 18, please submit an Authorization for Care of Under Age 18 Form
Starting 48 hours after your deposit has been processed
Log into Your Connection and FREDMail
Tip: Your Connection and FREDMail use different usernames and passwords. Your Connection uses your F-Number and FREDMail uses your e-services username. Find your e-services log-in information in Your Connection so you can access your Fredonia email and
View and understand your Financial Aid
View your preliminary Course Schedule
Complete the Jump Start Enrollment Program
Prior to August 1
Complete your Health Information for Incoming Students
This must be done before you can go to classes!
Send in your Final Transcripts
We must receive final transcripts showing successful completion of your current studies. First-year transcripts should be sent directly from the high school. You will also need to send any AP, IB, CLEP or college coursework you have completed in High School.
Mentor/Leader Applications 2022
We are looking hire a variety of student leaders to serve as transition coaches to incoming new first-year and transfer students. Orientation Leaders help online during the summer with the Jump Start Program and in person in the fall with New Student Orientation activities. Student from all majors with at least a 2.5 GPA are welcome to apply online by April 1, 2022! Please send any questions about the position to the New Student and Transition Programs Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.