New Student Orientation Programs
Everything on this page helps answer questions on how to prepare for your first semester at Fredonia!
Move-In is Thursday, August 22 (9am-6pm), NSO Activities (Students Only) begin Friday, August 23 - Sunday, August 24. See details below
Here are some videos and materials that will help you complete necessary enrollment requirements
You Belong at Fredonia!
2019 New Student Transition Programs
Jump Start Program
Jump Start is the first step of orientation for new undergraduate first-year and transfer students! This is a required one day experience in July that enables students to complete the items necessary to be enrolled in the fall semester.
(If you are an international student, please click here for information about your specialized orientation program)
- Academic Course Registration Review
- FREDCard Processing (Photo ID and Meal Plan)
- Campus Information (Residence Life, Student Activities, Career Development, Financial Aid, Student Accounts (billing), Vehicle Registration, Health Center, and Counseling Center)
- Connecting with other new students
- Parent/Guardian Orientation (optional)*
ALL JUMP START PROGRAMS HAVE CONCLUDED FOR THIS SUMMER
Any new student that did not attend a Jump Start Program will complete specific advising and courese registration requirements on the first morning of New Student Orientation (Friday, August 23).
The office of New Student Programs will send specific information about next steps to those students through their Fredonia email (FREDmail) address. To find out how to login your FREDmail account, scroll down to view instructions at the bottom of the page.
New Student Move-In will take place on Thursday, August 22 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
*Schedule posted is subject to changes. A finalized schedule will be sent to students through their FREDmail by August 19*
Move-In Day is full of helpful students and staff; here are a few things you might want to keep in mind when planning your travel to and from campus:
- Residence Halls open at 9:00 a.m. for new students to move in.
- A Campus Resource Fair will take place from 12 p.m. -3 p.m. to answer questions and help students and families complete any last minute items.
- We will take a class picture at 4:30 p.m. and have fun events happening through 9:00 p.m.
- At 7:30 p.m. all new first-year and transfer students living on campus will have a mandatory meeting with their Residence Hall staff and Orientation Leaders.
Fall 2019 New Student Orientation will take place Friday, August 23- Sunday, August 25
Participating in New Student Orientation is required for all new first-year and transfer students. A full schedule of activities will be shared with you at Jump Start and emailed to you over the summer! There is not a Parents/Guardian Orientation offered during New Student Orientation, but you are welcome to visit with offices, take a tour, and meet with staff members on Thursday, August 22 from 9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Offices will also be open 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 23.
New Student Orientation highlights include:
- Official introduction to the campus community
- Academic Advising sessions
- Navigate the campus spaces (find classrooms, dining halls, etc.)
- Exposure to academic and personal support services
- Build relationship networks
- Participate in campus traditions
Logging into Your Connection.
Enter your User Name: Your F ID
Enter your Password: Your date of birth mmddyy (if this is your first time logging in)
The system will walk you through a process to change your password and protect your account.
It is important that you are able to log on and access your account. You will need to register for orientation, complete your course interest survey, download health information, and review your preliminary schedule through this system.
Checking your FREDMail (Fredonia email)
To begin, find your e-services username and password in Your Connection
Log into Your Connection using your Fredonia ID and Pin
Click the Personal Information Tab
Click View Your User ID and Password
Your username and password will be listed under the Student IDs and Passwords section
Go to the FREDMail link found at myFRED that is posted at the top of the Fredonia homepage: www.fredonia.edu
Enter your eservices Username and Password
If you have difficulty with your eServices username and password:
Follow the instructions above but, after you click on “View your User IDs and Passwords” under the Student IDs and Passwords section
Click on “To Reset your Passwords”
Click Next and follow directions then try logging into email at www.fredonia.edu (click on the envelope icon at the top right side of the page)
Please contact Erin Mroczka, New Student and Transition Programs at Erin.Mroczka@fredonia.edu or (716) 673-4969 with any questions you may have.
New Student Quick Links
- Residence Life
- Health Center
- Counseling Center
- Meal Plans, ID, Textbooks
- Academic Advising
- Your Connection
- Transfer Student Services
- University Payment and Charges
- FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
Be FRED Ready!
Starting 48 hours after your deposit has been processed
Log into Your Connection and FREDMail
Tip: Your Connection and FREDMail use different usernames and passwords. Your Connection uses your F-Number and FREDMail uses your e-services username. Find your e-services log-in information in Your Connection so you can access your Fredonia email and
Prior to August 1
Complete your Health Information for Incoming Students
This must be done before you can go to classes!
Send in your Final Transcripts
We must receive final transcripts showing successful completion of your current studies. First-year transcripts should be sent directly from the high school. You will also need to send any AP, IB, CLEP or college coursework you have completed in High School.