New Student Orientation Programs
You Belong at Fredonia!
2019 NEW STUDENT TRANSITION PROGRAMS
Spring 2019 New Student Orientation will take place on Tuesday, January 22, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
New Student Orientation components include:
- Official introduction to the campus community
- Academic Advising sessions
- Navigate the campus spaces (find classrooms, dining halls, etc.)
- Exposure to academic and personal support services
- Build relationship networks
- Participate in campus traditions
Jump Start Program
Jump Start is the first step of orientation for new first-year and transfer students!
This is a required one day (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) experience in July that enables students to complete the items necessary to be enrolled in the fall semester. (Optional overnight accommodations available on campus for those traveling a distance.)
Summer 2019 Dates
- Session 1-Tuesday, July 2, 2019
- Session 2-Monday, July 8, 2019
- Session 3-Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Session 4-Monday, July 15, 2019
- Session 5-Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Session 6-Monday, July 22, 2019
- Academic Course Registration Review
- FREDCard Processing (Photo ID and Meal Plan)
- Campus Information (Residence Life, Student Activities, Career Development, Financial Aid, Student Accounts (billing), Vehicle Registration, Health Center, and Counseling Center)
- Connecting with other new students
- Parent/Guardian Orientation (optional)*
Online registration begins in mid-April through Your Connection.
Click to view the Summer New Student Transition Checklist page.
Logging into Your Connection.
Enter your User Name: Your F ID
Enter your Password: Your date of birth mmddyy (if this is your first time logging in)
The system will walk you through a process to change your password and protect your account.
It is important that you are able to log on and access your account. You will need to register for orientation, complete your course interest survey, download health information, and review your preliminary schedule through this system.
Checking your FREDMail (Fredonia email)
To begin, find your e-services username and password in Your Connection
Log into Your Connection using your Fredonia ID and Pin
Click the Personal Information Tab
Click View Your User ID and Password
Your username and password will be listed under the Student IDs and Passwords section
Go to the FREDMail link (found in the INFO &LOGINS section, top of the Fredonia homepage: www.fredonia.edu, click on INCOMING STUDENT and find the green envelope icon)
Enter your eservices Username and Password
If you have difficulty with your eServices username and password:
Follow the instructions above but, after you click on “View your User IDs and Passwords” under the Student IDs and Passwords section
Click on “To Reset your Passwords”
Click Next and follow directions then try logging into email at www.fredonia.edu (click on the envelope icon at the top right side of the page)
Please contact Erin Mroczka, New Student and Transition Programs at Erin.Mroczka@fredonia.edu or (716) 673-4969 with any questions you may have.
New Student Quick Links
- Residence Life
- Health Center
- Counseling Center
- Meal Plans, ID, Textbooks
- Academic Advising
- Your Connection
- Transfer Student Services
- University Payment and Charges
- FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
Be FRED Ready!
Starting 48 hours after your deposit has been processed
Log into Your Connection and FREDMail
Tip: Your Connection and FREDMail use different usernames and passwords. Your Connection uses your F-Number and FREDMail uses your e-services username. Find your e-services log-in information in Your Connection so you can access your Fredonia email and
RSVP to attend a Summer Jump Start in Your Connection
Prior to August 1
Complete your Health Information for Incoming Students
This must be done before you can go to classes!