Health Center Requirements for New Students
Welcome to Fredonia
The Fredonia Student Health Center strives to provide you with the most comprehensive and effective health care possible. To meet this goal it is important for us to obtain an accurate health history for each student. Prior to registering for classes, you will need to complete the following in order to comply with New York State Department of Health Regulations for attending college here at Fredonia.
All documentation can be sent to the Student Health Center by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 716-673-4722.
- A copy of your immunization records - it must include two measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccinations and one Meningococcal meningitis vaccination. If you do not have a Meningococcal vaccination on your record, please complete the form found here on "Your Connections" under the student tab. Details regarding these requirements can be found here.
- COVID-19 Information and Forms- SUNY has mandated that all students be fully vaccinated (or have received an approved medical or religious exemption) prior to coming to campus.
By August 1, 2022, all students must provide evidence (a photo of your COVID vaccination card) of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 OR receive an approved medical or religious exemption.
*All students granted a medical or religious exemption are required to participate in on-campus COVID testing. An email specific to these testing dates will be sent to your SUNY Fredonia email at the onset of the fall semester. Exempt students who do not abide by this testing requirement will be subject to disciplinary action, which could include, but is not limited to, student account holds, e-services disabling, conduct charges, possible removal from campus housing, restriction from on campus activities, suspension from the university, etc.
Enrolled students who fail to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or who fail to receive an approved exemption by close of business on August 1 may be deregistered from SUNY Fredonia and will not be allowed to move into the Residence Halls.
- Authorization for Care of Under Age 18 - if you are under the age of 18 on the first day of classes, please complete this form.
- Health Insurance - Although Health Insurance is not required to attend college at Fredonia, it is recommended that you have it in the event that you need to visit the Emergency Room, have an x-ray done, or are in need of having laboratory testing off campus. For information regarding possible health insurance, please contact the following to find a facilitated enroller in your area.
- New York State of Health
- Phone # (866) 273-6121
- Website: https://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/
- New York State of Health