Health Center Requirements for New Students
Welcome to Fredonia
The Fredonia Student Health Center strives to provide you with the most comprehensive and effective health care possible. To meet this goal it is important for us to obtain an accurate health history for each student. Prior to registering for classes, you will need to complete the following in order to comply with New York State Department of Health Regulations for attending college here at Fredonia.
1) Please send a copy of your immunization record.
- Included on this immunization record , there needs to be:
- Two Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccinations
- One Meningococcal meningitis vaccination within the last five years and after the age of 16 or a signed response form indicating that the student will not obtain immunization against meningococcal disease. This form can be found on clicking here on "Your Connections" under the student tab.
- The Immunization Record can be sent to us by using any of the following:
- Email : Mary.Erick@fredonia.edu
- Fax: (716) 673-4722
- Mail: State University of New York at Fredonia, c/o Student Health Center, Lo Grasso Hall, Fredonia, NY 14063
2) If your student is under the age of 18, please complete a Authorization for Care of Under Age 18 form
Please contact the Student Health Center at (716) 673-3131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding these forms.
3) Health Insurance
Although Health Insurance is not required to attend college at Fredonia, it is recommended that you have it in the event that you need to visit the Emergency Room, have an xray done, or are in need of having laboratory testing off campus. For information regarding possible health insurance, please contact the following to find a facillitated enroller in your area:
- New York State of Health
- Phone # (866) 273-6121
- Website: www.yourcarehealthplan.com