Information for Parents
From move-in guides to event information, this page is designed to give parents the information they need to keep in touch with Fredonia.
Welcome and thank you for being a part of the Big Blue Fredonia Family!
You are an important part of Fredonia's Big Blue Family. College is a significant investment and milestone for your student. We know that you may have many questions and we want to provide you with answers. Our primary goal is to help you and your student transition to Fredonia as best as possible and have a successful first semester.
1. Join the Parent/Guardian Email List
You are encouraged to register the names and emails of up to 2 individuals per student who may want to receive important updates and information from Fredonia.
Complete parent/guardian email form
2. Review the Family Enrollment Guide
We have created an interactive Family Enrollment Guide that will help you and your student complete a series of next steps to finalize their enrollment and registration. This guide provides “how to” like instructions as well as links to campus resources available to answer questions you may have.
3. Parent/Guardian FREDReady Day Information
FREDReady Day Spring 2021 provides students and parents or support persons the opportunity to watch a series of live sessions with campus experts on various important topics, and get their questions answered. We have a recording available for your viewing below with the following information and topics provided:
- Financial Aid & completing requirements
- Student Accounts, billing, and parking/vehicle registration
- Faculty Student Association (FSA), FREDCards, Textbooks, and Meal Plans
- Health, Wellness & Living On-Campus
- Academic Advising & Course Registration Process
SPRING 2021 Arrival Information
1. Important Arrival Information
There are 5 action steps to complete prior to classes beginning on February 3 to ensure a safe start to the semester. These steps require students to do some planning ahead based on their anticipated arrival to campus or the community. Even fully remote students must complete some steps. Please be aware of how to complete each step below:
- Daily Health Screening
- Taking a COVID Test
- 7-day Precautionary Quarantine
- Submit Spring 2021 Returning to Campus Form (Personalized form will be emailed on 1/25/21)
- Complete Semester Verification and Update Local Address in Your Connection
Please regularly review our Spring 2021 at Fredonia page for latest updates.
2. Drop-In Zoom Q&A Sessions
For Pre-Arrival Q&A, three drop-in Zoom sessions are available - join anytime during the hour to get answers to your questions:
Friday, 1/22, 12:00 - 1:00: Planning for Pre-Arrival
Monday, 1/25, 12:00 - 1:00: Successfully Completing Your Pre-Arrival Action Steps
Tuesday, 1/26, 12:00 - 1:00: Successfully Completing Your Pre-Arrival Action Steps
FALL SEMESTER New Student Timeline
- Students connect with their transfer mentors
- Roommate matching closes June 18
- Log into "Your Connection" to find e-Services username and password
- Check FREDmail using e-Services username and password
- Complete online "Jump Start Mini-Course" and enrollment requirements
- Participate in course advisement and finalize a schedule
- Upload photo for FREDCard
- Review e-Bill
- Arrival and move-in instructions sent out
- New Student Orientation schedule is sent out
- Housing assignments sent via email
- Immunization record due to the Student Health Center
- Semester bill is due August 15
- Purchase/Order textbooks
- New Student Orientation takes place the weekend before classes begin
- First day of class is Monday, August 24
Student Move-in Guide
Meal plan Information