Visit and Tour
Student and parents frequently comment how Fredonia's 256 acres features a lot of green space and a small building footprint, allowing for spacious views yet a small campus feel. Fredonia's admissions team has arranged a multitude of ways for students to visit campus in whatever manner students are most comfortable; whether it's individually, with family, or with small or large groups. If you can't make it in person, Fredonia's virtual tour will put you in the middle of the Fredonia campus wherever you are.
Choose your visit experience below.
Campus walking tours give our guests a look into the life of Fredonia students. Tours are led by current students who share their stories while presenting an overview of the university. If you are interested in exploring a specific major we encourage you to reach out to the academic area to meet with a professor either before or after your tour. Each campus tour is preceded by a half-hour presentation from one of our admission counselors, covering undergraduate admission and financial aid at Fredonia.
Visit Duration: 2 hours (30 minute Information Session, 90 minute Campus Tour)
Fredonia Exploration Day (Open House)
- 4-5 hours
11:00 a.m. Opening Remarks
11:45 a.m. Sample Classes/Special Interest Sessions
1:15 p.m. Lunch & Mingle
1:15 p.m. Optional Campus Tour or Residence Hall Only Tour Departing every 10 minutes
Fredonia offers a series of Saturday Visits designed for specific audiences or specialized by academic area of interest. Choose your date below to register!
- This visit is for students interested in the followings areas: Music Performance, Music Education, Music Therapy, Music Composition, Sound Recording Technology, Acting, Dance, Musical Theatre, Theatre Arts, Theatre Production & Design, Animation & Illustration, Art History, Ceramics, Drawing & Painting, Film & Video, Graphic Design, Photography and Sculpture.
- This visit is for students interested in the following areas: Biology, Biochemistry, Biology Adolescent Education, Chemistry, Chemistry Adolescent Education, Coopeative Engineering, Geology & Environmental Sciences, Earth Science Adolescent Education, Exercise Science, Molecular Genetics, Medical Technology, Pre-Health Professions, Physics and Psychology.
March 7, 2020- Education, Sociocultural & Justice Sciences, Communication Disorders & Sciences and Mathematical Sciences (Registration Coming Soon)
- This visit is for students interested in the following majors: Early Childhood Education, Childhood Education, Inclusive Education, Criminal Justice, Social Work, Sociology, Communication Disorders & Sciences (Speech Pathology), Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics Adolescent Education.
March 14, 2020- Computer Science & Information Systems, Communication, Business (Registration Coming Soon)
- This visit is for students interested in the following majors: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Audio/Radio Production, Comunication Studies, Journalism, Media Management, Public Relations, Video Production, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management, Marketing, Economics, Sports Management and Music Industry.
April 25, 2020 - College 101 (Registration Coming Soon)
- For prospective students: This visit will include an introduction on what to expect in college, choosing a major and a financial aid overview. An optional campus walking tour will also be provided.
- For accepted students: This visit will include all of the next steps to becoming a Fredonia Student. Topics such as: paying a deposit, choosing classes, living on campus and what to expect your first year will be covered. An optional campus walking tour will also be provided.
Fredonia in the City is a series of 45-minute informational meetings for NYC area residents to learn all about what Fredonia has to offer. These events will take place at the SUNY Welcome Center (SUNY Optometry Building) located at 33 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036.
Fall Dates Coming Soon!
Group Visits are designed for groups larger than 10 people. Typically, group visits consist of school groups, Gear Up, Liberty Partnership, STEP, Upward Bound, and other types of college preparatory programs. For groups that are less than 10, please view the other visit options on this page, or contact the Office of Admissions at 800-252-1212. A visit can include an information session geared toward your group’s grade range, and a tour of campus. Groups who wish to have a meal while on campus can let the group coordinator know so that they may provide you with meal prices and then build it into your itinerary.
Our professors look forward to meeting with you to discuss what your future will look like here at Fredonia. To insure the best experience, please contact the academic area at least one week in advance as our faculty have busy teaching and advising schedules.
If you are planning to participate in an Admissions Tour we encourage you to schedule your academic meeting before 10:00 a.m. or after 12:00 p.m. if attending a morning tour, OR before 2:00 p.m. if attending an afternoon tour.
If you can't get to Fredonia, then bring Fredonia to you! Click on the virtual tour link below to see Fredonia is 360-degree clarity!