Health Center Services
Our primary care providers offer care for all your general health needs, including but not limited to:
- Sick visits, minor injuries, and illness both in-person and through Telemedicine
- Physical Exams - The Student Health Center will do physical exams for college related study/internships.
- Coordination of outside care and specialist referrals
- Screening and preventative health services
Sexual Health Services:
The Student Health Center can assess and treat many health concerns specific to sexual and reproductive health. Counseling and education are also available. Services include:
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (chlamydia, gonorrhea) - Cost is $35 on Fred Card. We do not accept cash.
- Examinations - sexual / reproductive health
- Contraceptive management including oral contraceptives and emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and pregnancy related counseling services.
Sexual Health Clinics will be held on Tuesdays from 1pm-4pm and Fridays from 8am - 12 noon. Please contact the student health center to schedule an appointment.
Influenza is a respiratory infection that can cause serious complications, particularly to young children, older adults and people with certain medical conditions. Flu shots are the most effective way to prevent influenza and its complications. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months of age or older be vaccinated annually against influenza. The Health Center will be offering the Influenza (Flu) vaccination through a private vendor billed to the student, faculty or staff member's private health insurance. At this time, we do not have any Flu Shot clinics scheduled in the immediate future.
The Student Health Center works with the following pharmacies for delivery of prescription medications to campus:
- Rite-Aid Pharmacy (Deliver on Tuesdays and Thursdays) - 1166 Central Ave, Dunkirk NY (Phone: 716-366-8616), Student needs to have a credit card on file with the pharmacy.
The health center has educational materials on many health-related topics. Educational programs on wellness and other pertinent health issues are also offered on campus