What is a Withdrawal?
A student who finds it necessary to leave the university before the end of a semester must officially withdraw by downloading and filling out the 'Withdrawal Form,' which can be found below in step 1. You can also pick up a copy of the form at Academic Advising Services, located on the 4th Floor in the Reed Library.
* Please be sure to check the academic calendar for 'Dates and Deadlines' to ensure you have not missed the deadline to non-medically withdraw from Fredonia
** If you need to medically withdraw from Fredonia, please go to the medical withdrawal webpage
Step 1: Withdrawal Form
Step 2: Once you have the form, please note you must visit the following offices and have a staff member from each office sign it
- Financial Aid (2nd Floor Maytum Hall) - will inform students the implications the withdrawal will have on their financial aid
- Student Accounts (3rd Floor Maytum Hall) - will provide information regarding how your semester bill will be adjusted as a result of your withdrawal. Students may not be eligible for all of their financial aid, and this will be discussed when we sign your form.
- Residence Life (1st Floor Gregory Hall) - will inform students about their card access and will discuss the process required for properly checking-out of the residence hall
- FSA (1st Floor Gregory Hall) - provides an opportunity for students to ask questions and will ensure timely account cancellations
Step 3: When the form is complete with all mandatory signatures
- Return form to Academic Advising Services, 4th Floor - Reed Library (or)
- Scan and email with Subject 'Withdraw Form Submission' to Advising@fredonia.edu
Important Information About Your Withdrawal
- Once a withdrawal is approved, the person is no longer considered a student and must immediately leave campus and, if applicable, officially check out of on-campus housing within 24 hours.
- A student shall not be exempt from disciplinary proceedings for behavioral infractions which occurred prior to leaving. A withdrawal does not override a student conduct (judicial) referral.
- International students must consult with International Support Services before withdrawing.
- Students who are using Military and/or Veteran Benefits should contact Veteran Support Services before withdrawing to determine eligibility for future funding.
- Students in the Educational Development Program (EDP) should consult with their EDP counselor before withdrawing to determine eligibility for future EDP funding.
Additional Things to Know
The withdrawal goes into effect on the date that the form is received,
All financial calculations are assessed based on the last date of attendance
When withdrawing from the current semester, full-semester courses are assigned WC grades (withdrawal from college). WC grades do not count in the semester or cumulative grade point averages. Course(s) completed before the effective date of withdrawal, receive the grade earned and will count in the semester & cumulative GPA's.
If you plan on returning to Fredonia, please contact the Registrar's Office
Academic Advising Services
4th Floor - Reed Library