Deadline to withdraw is Monday, November 28th
What is a Withdrawal?
A student who finds it necessary to leave the university before the end of a semester must officially withdraw by Monday, November 28th. To begin the process start by downloading and filling out the 'Withdrawal Form,' which can be found below in step 1.
*Please be sure to check the academic calendar for 'Dates and Deadlines' to ensure you have not missed the deadline to non-medically withdraw from Fredonia
** If you need to medically withdraw from Fredonia, please go to the medical withdrawal webpage
Step 1: Withdrawal Form
Step 2: Once you have the form, please note you must email or call the following offices and write in the staff member's name who responds to you from each office.
- Financial Aid (email@example.com) 716-673-3253 - will inform students the implications the withdrawal will have on their financial aid
- Student Accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org) 716-673-3236 - will provide information regarding how your semester bill will be adjusted as a result of your withdrawal. Students may not be eligible for all of their financial aid, and this will be discussed when we sign your form.
- Residence Life (email@example.com) 716-673-3341 - will inform students about their card access and will discuss the process required for properly checking-out of the residence hall
- FSA (firstname.lastname@example.org) 716-680-6228 - provides an opportunity for students to ask questions and will ensure timely account cancellations
Step 3: When the form is complete with all mandatory signatures
- Email with subject 'Withdraw Form Submission' to Advising@fredonia.edu
Important Information About Your Withdrawal
- Once a withdrawal is approved, the person is no longer considered a student and must immediately leave campus and, if applicable, officially check out of on-campus housing within 24 hours.
- A student shall not be exempt from disciplinary proceedings for behavioral infractions which occurred prior to leaving. A withdrawal does not override a student conduct (judicial) referral.
- International students must consult with International Support Services before withdrawing.
- Students who are using Military and/or Veteran Benefits should contact Veteran Support Services before withdrawing to determine eligibility for future funding.
- Students in the Educational Development Program (EDP) should consult with their EDP counselor before withdrawing to determine eligibility for future EDP funding.
Additional Things to Know
The withdrawal goes into effect on the date that the form is received,
All financial calculations are assessed based on the last date of attendance
When withdrawing from the current semester, full-semester courses are assigned WC grades (withdrawal from college). WC grades do not count in the semester or cumulative grade point averages. Course(s) completed before the effective date of withdrawal, receive the grade earned and will count in the semester & cumulative GPA's.
If you plan on returning to Fredonia, please contact the Registrar's Office
- What is a Withdrawal?
- What is the Not Returning Process?
- What is a Leave of Absence?
- What is a Medical Withdrawal?
- What is Reinstatement / Readmission?
- Things to Consider
Academic Advising Services
4th Floor - Reed Library