Academic Policies and Forms

Academic Forgiveness Policies / Cross Registration / Incomplete Grade Application / In Progress Grade Application / SUNY Reverse Transfer Program / Transfer Credit / Transfer Credit Appeal /  Waiver Forms


Academic Forgiveness Policies: Policies and Procedures

Academic Forgiveness Forms

Follow the instructions at the beginning of each form regarding completion and sharing of the document.

Back to the Top


Cross Registration: 

SUNY Cross Registration Resources

Fredonia’s procedures for executing the SUNY Wide Cross Registration Policy are as follows.

Back to the Top


Incomplete Grade Application:

This application must be be completed  and submitted by the instructor before final grades are due for a given semester.

Incomplete Grade Form

Back to the Top


In Progress Grade Application: (graduate students only)

This application is only for students who have not completed their graduate capstone experience in the allotted time.  It should be completed by the student and faculty before final grades are due for a given semester.

In Progress Grade form

Back to the Top


SUNY Reverse Transfer Program:

The Reverse Transfer program is for students who have previously attended a SUNY community college, and transferred before earning an Associate degree. If you have met the degree requirements for that Associate degree now, through a combination of credit from the community college(s) you previously attended and Fredonia, then you could be eligible to earn your Associate degree.

To receive your Associate degree, your prior community college would need to review your credits earned from there as well as the credits earned from Fredonia and any other previous institutions. Once an initial degree evaluation has been completed, the community college would then inform you of what additional steps are needed in order to be awarded the Associate degree.

If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity to receive your Associate degree, please submit a reverse transfer request at: If you have any questions or concerns, please contact  Once you have submitted your request, you will be able to track the progress of your request by logging into You will be notified by the community college once your request has been reviewed and a decision has been made.

Back to the Top


Transfer Credit For Currently or Previously Enrolled Students:

All currently enrolled students must complete a transfer credit approval form prior to taking courses at another institution.  Use the Transfer Credit Equivalency webpage to determine the course equivalency.  If the course is NOT listed on the page, attach a copy of the course description to the form for review. 

Obtain the signature of your department chairperson and General Education Coordinator if applicable, and return the completed form to the Registrar's Office.

Back to the Top


Transfer Credit Appeal:

This process is for students who transferred in credit from a SUNY institution and do not agree with Fredonia’s decision regarding acceptance or placement of credit.

Back to the Top


Waiver/Substitution Forms:

All degree level requirement waiver/substitution forms can be found here.

The Major/Minor waiver/substitution form can befound here.

Back to the Top

Take the next step