RAC 215 RAC
M.F.A., Texas Tech University
Mr. Proffitt is currently serving as the Senior Assistant Dean for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and is a Professor in the Department of Theatre and Dance. In addition to Fredonia he has served in a variety of technical and design positions in companies across the United States including serving as a lighting designer for the Theatre of Youth company in Buffalo NY. He recently served as the Commissioner for USITT's Lighting Commission. In the past he as written articles for his blog Digital Tools for the Preforming Arts, Stage Directions Magazine and TD&T magazine.
Theatre Lighting, Theatre Sound, Computer Technologies and the Theatre.
3d printing, lighting consoles, lighting education, lighting networks.
Awards and Honors
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Faculty Service, State University of New York (2022).
- Barbizon Lighting Design Award, United States Institute for Theatre Technology (1999).
- Organisation Internationale des Scénographes, Techniciens et Architectes de Théâtre
- United States Institution for Theatre Technology
- "Your Tools. Todd Proffitt, Further Reflections in Contemporary Dance Lighting The Poetry and Nitty-Gritty," Routledge (2022).
- "Lighting Technology Education in the 21st Century," Theatre Design and Technology (2018).
- Beauty and the Beast. Theatre of Youth, , Allendale Theatre (2022).
- Miss Nelson is Missing. Theatre of Youth, , Allendale Theatre (2020).
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins’. Theatre of Youth, , Allendale Theatre (2019).
- Pete the Cat. Theatre of Youth, , Allendale Theatre (2019).
- Anything Goes. Department of Theatre and Dance, SUNY-Fredonia, Marvel Theatre (2019).
- Tuck Everlasting. Theatre of Youth, , Allendale Theatre (2019).
- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Theatre of Youth, , Allendale Theatre (2018).
- New Kid. Theatre of Youth, , Allendale Theatre and Vairious (2018).
- Pinkalicious. Theatre of Youth, , Allendale Theatre (2018).
- "Projects for Teaching Lighting Design and Technology Online," OISTAT Conference Education Week Conference (2021).
- "Projects for Teaching Lighting Design and Technology Online," USITT Annual Conference (2021).
- "YOU are welcome here: Improving shop culture in educational theatre.," USITT Annual Conference (2020).