Dr. Reneta Barneva
Dr. Reneta Barneva
Professor (Interim Associate Director)
Thompson Hall E336D Thompson Hall
Dr. Barneva has over 30 years of teaching experience. Her interests span in several areas of applied and theoretical computer and information sciences, such as big data, imaging, multimedia, and social impact of technology. She is a recipient of several national and international awards among which Wilkes Award of the British Computer Society, SUNY Chancellor's Award for Scholarship and Creative Activities, and Kasling Award - the most prestigious SUNY Fredonia research distinction. She also served as a vice-chair of the professional organization IAPR TC-18 "Discrete Geometry." Dr. Barneva has published more than 100 journal articles and conference papers and has co-edited eighteen books. She has chaired or served on the program committee of a number of conferences and workshops and being invited as a keynote speaker at conferences and workshops. For over 10 years, she has been on the Executive Committee of the Senate, serving as Fredonia Senate Chair, Vice-chair, Governance Officer, and Fredonia representative at SUNY Faculty Senate.
Monday: 2:00 PM - 6 PM
And by appointment. Please email me to schedule an appointment.
Data analytics, digital marketing, e-commerce, web design
Data analytics, imaging, multimedia, computational biology, social impact of technology
Awards and Honors
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activities, SUNY (2007).
- Wilkes Award, British Computer Society (2006).
- Kasling Memorial Lecturer, SUNY Fredonia (2005).
- "Practical Approach to Teaching Cultural Awareness to Undergraduate Students," 17th Annual BRC conference (2022).
- "Technological Enhancements Of The Method Of Loci For Facilitating Logographic Language Learning," Conference on Instruction and Technology (2019).