Summer Research and Creativity Award
Faculty Summer Research and Creativity Award
The Faculty Summer Research and Creativity Award program, provides support for faculty research and creative activity conducted over the Summer Session. As a regional, public liberal arts institution, State University of New York at Fredonia values a wide variety of scholarly and creative activities, as described in the Handbook on Appointment, Reappointment, and Promotion (HARP):
- Basic research that provides new foundations upon which others can build;
- Original works of art, music, dance, creative writing, and theatre;
- Applications of basic theories and research that solve problems in the discipline or in practice;
- Interdisciplinary scholarship that brings together perspectives from two or more fields;
- Scholarly approaches to teaching and learning that go beyond practice to contribute to the pedagogy of one’s field or to significant curricular or assessment initiatives;
- Community-based research (scholarship of engagement) that may include partnerships.
- The goal of the award is to promote excellence in research and creativity and to enhance the dissemination of that work.
The Power of Fredonia’s call to “expand support for faculty scholarship and creative activity to ensure the intellectual and creative vitality at the heart of a modern university.”
Tenure-track and tenured faculty and librarians are eligible to apply.
Click here to view descriptions of award winning projects from the previous year.