Dr. Michael Jabot
Dr. Michael Jabot, PhD
Distinguished Teaching Professor
E250 Thompson Hall
Ph.D., Syracuse University
Dr. Jabot is a Professor of Science Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. Dr. Jabot is the Director of the Institute for Research in Science Teaching and a NASA Earth Ambassador. He is a recipient of the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Research as well as being recognized for excellence from numerous professional organizations.
Development of student understanding of place-based science using geospatial technologies
- "Activating Education for Sustainable Development Goals Through the YouthMappers Consortium," Springer. (2022).
- "Taylor, S. and Jabot, M.(2022) Bring kites to your STEM classroom with NASA AREN," Proceeding School Science and Mathematics Annual Conference. (2022).
- "Placed-Based Citizen Science Education: Telling Your Story," 2023 Citizen Science Association Conference, C*Sci 2023. Tempe, AZ (May, 2023) (2023).
- "Great Lakes Student Research Campaign: Engaging Students and Teachers in Authentic Watershed Studies," 66th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research (2023).
- "Go Upstream: Preservice Future of Data Literacy," 2023 SXSW EDU Conference & Festival (2023).
- "ADVizE: Building STEM Pre-Service Teachers' Data Literacy Skills and Pedagogy with My NASA Data," National Science Teachers Association National Conference (2023).
- "Are You "Open" to Citizen Science? ," National Science Teachers Association National Conference (2023).
- "Engaging STEM Educators and students through Environmental Science Diplomacy, UN Sustainable Development Goals and Virtual Collaboration," The 2nd International Conference on Global Academia in New Normal (2023).
- "NASA GLOBE Clouds: Celebrating over one million satellite matches to citizen science ground observations befitting students, educators, communities, and scientists ," 103rd American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting (2023).
- "The AREN Project as a Platform for Atmospheric Investigation ," 103rd American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting (2023).
- "Community Connections," Science Teachers Association of New York State Mini-Conference (2023).
- "“Launch and Learn" - Using Instrumented Kites for Environmental Observations," American Geophysical Union National Meeting (2022).
- "Building OSM Into the Elementary Classroom," Mapping USA (2022).
- "Communicating the Value of International Collaborations Through Science and Engineering Diplomacy," 25th Annual Colloquium on International Engineering Education: Connecting Engineering with the Humanities (2022).
- "Recruiting, Engaging, Educators and students through Environmental Science Diplomacy, UN SDGs and virtual collaboration," North American Regional Meeting – NASA GLOBE (2022).
- "Building a Generation of Solutionaries in Our Science Classrooms. ," Science Teachers Association of New York State, 127th Annual Meeting (2022).
- "Preservice Teacher Preparation in Science Institute," Science Teachers Association of New York State, 127th Annual Meeting (2022).
- "Introducing Low Altitude Imagery and Remotely Sensed Data into the MS/HS Curriculum," 2022 Annual Conference, National Council for Geographic Education (2022).
- "Build a Pixel With 50 Years Of Landsat To Share An Important Story or Memory," 22nd William T. Pecora Memorial Remote Sensing Symposium (2022).
- "Bring Kites to Your STEM Classroom with NASA AREN," School Science and Math Association National; Convention (2022).
- "Integration of Citizen/Community Science ," PDS Consortium 2021 Conference (2022).
- "Empowering Young Professionals to Become Global Leaders Attaining the United Nations SDGs: UNITAR GDI and The UN PGA’s HOPE Fellows," Science Summit-United Nations General Assembly (2022).
- "The GLOBE Program – an international science and education program that fosters the next generation of STEM professionals and science," Science Summit-United Nations General Assembly (2022).
- "Communicating GLOBE Science in Through Science Diplomacy ," GLOBE Annual Meeting (2022).
- "Connecting Diverse Audiences to K-5 Elementary GLOBE," GLOBE Annual Meeting (2022).
- "GLOBE Enters the Critical Zone ," GLOBE Annual Meeting (2022).
- "Bridging GLOBE Engineering & Instrumentation to the Classroom," GLOBE Annual Meeting (2020).
- "Integrating GLOBE into Preservice Teacher Education Programs ," GLOBE Annual Meeting (2020).