Moj Seyedian, M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
Professor (Business Administration)
Thompson Hall E336 Thompson Hall
Ph.D., SUNY Binghamton
Emigrated to U.S. from Iran in 1975. Earned a M.S. degree in Managerial Sciences from Marywood University in 1976. Received the Doctorate Degree in Economics from SUNY Binghamton in 1985. Started full-time teaching in 1980 at SUNY Agricultural & Technical College at Alfred. Three years later, was employed as an Assistant Professor in the Business Administration department at SUNY Fredonia. From 1991 to 1994 and then from 2001 until 2017 was the Interim Chair and Chair of the department, respectively. Was appointed Interim Director, 2007-09, Interim Dean, 2017-19, Interim Associate Director/Dean, 2020-2022, and Interim Dean, 2022-Present, of the School of Business. Has been a Professor of Finance in the Business Administration department of the School since fall 2019.
Financial Management, Pedagogy, Business History, Business Case Studies
Awards and Honors
- Best Paper Award, Academy of Finance Conference (2021).
- Honorary Member, Beta Gamma Sigma National Honor Society in Business Administration (2019).
- Cerificate of Appreciation, McNair Scholars Program (2008).
- Silver DEEP Performance Award, National Council on Economic Education (2001).
- Real Estate Sales
- Margin Transactions and Market Volatility
- The Impact of Industry on the Design of an Entrepreneurial Studies Major
- The use of Quality Function Deployment for Improvement of Freshman Orientation Programs
- Academy of Finance
- Northeastern Association of Business, Economics, and Technology
- Beta gamma Sigma
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Delta Mu Delta
- "Small Business Valuation and the Decision to Sell: The Case of a Growing Pizzeria," SAGE Business Cases (N/A).
- "Measuring Readability Levels of Undergraduate Investment Textbooks," Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice (2021).
- "A Readability Analysis Of Undergraduate Textbooks In Operations Management," Journal of Business, Economics, and Technology (2019).
- "The Use of QFD to maximize the student advising experience," College Student Journal (2016).
- "Readability of Introductory Finance Textbooks," Journal of Financial Education (2013).
- "The Making of Global Capitalism: The Political Economy of American Empire ," Choice (2013).
- "Improving Financial Literacy of College Students: A Cross-Sectional Analysis," College Students Journal (2011).
- "Principles of Finance Textbooks: A Readability Analysis," Academy of Finance (2011).
- "Readability of Introductory Finance Textbooks," Northeastern Association of Business, Economics, and Technology (2010).
- "Recessions and Depressions : Understanding Business Cycles," Choice (2010).
- "A Model for Evaluating the Trade-off between Earnings per Share and Financial Leverage," Journal of Advances in Business (2010).
- "Small Business Valuation and the decision to Sell: The Case of a Growing Pizzeria," 17th Annual BRC conference (2022).
- "Evaluation of the Readability of Top-Selling Operations Management Textbooks," NABET (2018).