JEWEL - July EDP Workshop for Expanded Learning
2019 JEWEL -- July EDP Workshop for Expanded Learning
The Educational Development Program sponsors a first-year workshop designed to acquaint new students with the university, its faculty, staff, and services. The 2019 July Workshop date is To Be Determined. It is viewed as the beginning of a learning experience which we hope will be culminated by formal and informal workshop sessions which include:
- An introduction to the philosophy, goals, policies, and procedures of the Educational Development Program in order to help the student become more familiar with the EDP Family.
- A discussion of the policies and procedures governing financial assistance to help the student gain a better understanding of the financial assistance available to the student and how to utilize them.
- A review of academic policies and expectations of the college to help the student become familiar and connected to Fredonia State.
- Descriptions of various administrative and academic departmental offices and key personnel which will give the student an extra edge as they begin their college career.
- Assessment testing to help the EDP staff become familiar with the student's academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Academic advisement to allow the student extra time to get to know their EDP counselor and how they can help them.
The July workshop is just the beginning of the on-going process that will help the EDP student excel in their academic standing. Required of all program students to attend the university's summer orientation and the July workshop, it is found that they have a better idea of why they are here and what must be accomplished to be successful.
Previous Years Link