Graduate School Fair to highlight Graduate School Week in October
The Career Development Office will host its 11th Graduate School Fair on Thursday, Oct. 24, from 4 to 6 p.m., in the Williams Center Multipurpose Room.
“Graduate School Week,” a series of workshops devoted to specific graduate school topics hosted by the offices of Career Development, Graduate Studies, and Financial Aid, will also be held throughout the week of Oct. 21. All Graduate School Week events are listed in FREDNetwork.
Fredonia undergraduate students, alumni, and community members are welcome to attend the fair and associated events to learn more about graduate schools, the available opportunities, and the application process. Fredonia’s graduate programs will be featured, with representatives from the College of Education, the School of Music, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the Office of Graduate Studies. Additionally, more than 60 institutions will be represented, with graduate and professional programs in a variety of industries and disciplines including business, education, health/medicine, humanities and science. For details and a full list of programs, visit online
Several presentations about graduate school topics to be held throughout the week include:
- “Graduate School Research and Application Tips” ̶ Monday, Oct. 21, 3 p.m., Career Development Office (second Floor, Gregory Hall), presented by the Career Development Office
- “Personal Consultations (drop-in) with Fredonia’s Graduate Admissions Coordinator” – Tuesday, Oct. 22, all day, Graduate Studies Office (Maytum Hall), presented by the Office of Graduate Studies
- “Your Grad School Search: Timelines, Tracking & Tips from Fredonia’s Graduate Admissions Coordinator” – Wednesday, Oct. 23, 3 p.m., Reed Library third floor Graduate Study Lounge, presented by the Office of Graduate Studies
- “Advance with Fredonia: Graduate Programs and Application Steps” ̶ Thursday, Oct. 24, 3 p.m., Williams Center Room S-204E, presented by the Office of Graduate Studies
- “Financial Aid for Graduate School” ̶ Thursday, Oct. 24, 3:30 p.m., Williams Center Room S-204D, presented by the Financial Aid Office
- “Graduate School Fair” – Thursday, Oct. 24, 4-6 p.m., Williams Center Multipurpose Room, presented by the Career Development Office
- “Health Professions Application Process” ̶ Thursday, Oct. 24, 6:15 p.m., Williams Center Room S-204E, presented by the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- “Careers in Public Affairs and Policy” ̶ Thursday, Oct. 24, 6:15 p.m., Williams Center Room S-204D, presented by SUNY Albany Rockefeller School of Public Policy (with details about the B.A./M.P.A. joint program offered through Fredonia)
- “MBA/MSW Application Process” – Thursday, Oct. 24, 6:15 p.m., Williams Center Room S-204A, presented by Binghamton University Graduate Studies
For more information about the Graduate School Fair or Graduate School Week events, please contact Associate Director Chris LaGrow of the Career Development Office via email or call (716) 673-3327.
To access other CDO events and services, including job and internship listings through the FREDNetwork system, visit online