Dr. Courtney Wigdahl-Perry, Ph.D.
Dr. Courtney Wigdahl-Perry
Science Center 237
Ph.D., University of Maine
I am an aquatic ecologist, interested in lake response to natural and human-caused environmental changes on different spatial and temporal scales.
Introductory biology courses, Aquatic ecology, Global Change Biology, Environmental Science courses
Lake ecology; paleolimnology; diatoms; zooplankton; habitat zonations in lakes; saline lakes; harmful algae blooms; water quality; water chemistry; phytoplankton
- "Transparency, geomorphology and mixing regime explain variability in trends in lake temperature and stratification across Northeastern North America (1975-2014)," Water (2017).
- "Investigating potential effects of zooplankton grazing on diatom-inferred drought reconstructions," Hydrobiologia (2017).
- "High-frequency lake data benefits society through broader engagement with citizens, stakeholders, and decision makers: a synthesis of GLEON data use survey and member experiences," Inland Waters (2016).
- "Response of temperate lakes to drought: a paleolimnological perspective on the landscape position concept using diatom-based reconstructions," Journal of Paleolimnology (2016).
- "The influence of basin morphometry on the regional coherence of patterns of diatom-inferred salinity in lakes of the northern Great Plains (USA).," The Holocene (2014).
- "Dissolved organic matter composition and photoreactivity in prairie lakes of the U.S. Great Plains. ," Limnology and Oceanography (2011).
- "Multiproxy paleolimnological assessment of biogeochemical versus food web controls on the trophic states of two shallow, mesotrophic lakes. ," Journal of Paleolimnology (2011).
- "How do UV radiation, temperature, and zooplankton influence the dynamics of alpine phytoplankton communities?," Hydrobiologia (2010).
- "Effects of nutrients and dissolved organic matter on the response of phytoplankton to ultraviolet radiation: experimental comparison in spring versus summer.," Hydrobiologia (2009).
- "Phytoplankton productivity across prairie saline lakes of the Great Plains (USA): A step toward deciphering patterns through lake classification models. ," Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (2009).
- "Patterns of seasonal phytoplankton distribution in prairie saline lakes of the northern Great Plains (U.S.A.). ," Saline Systems (2009).