Dr. Michael Clarkson-Hendrix
Dr. Michael Clarkson-Hendrix
Associate Professor (Program Director Social Work)
W381 Thompson Hall
Ph.D., University at Albany, SUNY
Michael Clarkson-Hendrix, PhD, LCSW-R is an Associate Professor of Social Work in the Department of Sociocultural and Justice Sciences at the State University of New York at Fredonia. Dr. Clarkson-Hendrix's research targets the intersection of behavioral health, disability, and social welfare, particularly in employment and workforce development. Dr. Clarkson-Hendrix has extensive practice experience in the areas of behavioral health and child welfare.
Research and program evaluation, Behavioral health, Disability issues, Interprofessional and Transdisciplinary practice, Addictions, Clinical practice, Lesbian / Gay / Bisexual / Transgender Issues, Social work with veterans and their families, Rural issues.
Workforce development, Program evaluation, Behavioral health, Disability, Organizations & Management, Military service members, Veterans and their families, Research design and measurement, Research on social work education, Social work practice, Substance misuse and addictive behaviors.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- An Investigation of the Connection Between Workplace Attachment and Organizational Retention in Rural Health Care Providers
- Evaluation of Chautauqua County Mental Hygiene Department's National Outcome Measures Survey Data from June 2020 to August 2022
- Evaluation of the Chautauqua Addiction Services Leadership Development Program
- Experiences of social work students, faculty, and staff with disabilities: Photovoice-inspired project
- National Association of Social Workers
- The Network for Social Work Management
- Council on Social Work Education
- Society for Social Work and Research
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Programs
- "Chautauqua Addiction Services Leadership Development Program: subaward from Chautauqua County Department of Mental Hygiene," N/A (2021).
- "Employment, Housing, Poverty, and the Disability Community," Pressbooks (2022).
- "Mixed Methods Evaluation of a Movement and Mindfulness Empowerment Workshop for Adults with Serious Mental Illness," Advances in Social Work (2021).
- "A Mixed Methods Examination of MSW Student Satisfaction with Integrated Behavioral Health Field Placements," Advances in Social Work (2020).
- "Curriculum Implications for Collaborative Practice From Veterans Health Care Sector Social Workers Serving OIF/OEF Veterans ," Journal of Social Work Education (2019).
- "Parenting stress of grandparents and other kin as informal kinship caregivers: A mixed methods study," Children and Youth Services Review (2016).
- "Intentions to Stay in Rural Healthcare Providers: A Preliminary Empirical Model," 27th Annual Conference (2023).
- "Intentions to Stay in Rural Healthcare Providers: Implications for Social Work Education," 68th Annual Program Meeting (2022).
- "Experiences of Social Work Students, Faculty, and Staff with Disabilities: Photovoice-Inspired Project," 67th Annual Program Meeting (2021).
- "Leveraging managerial support to reduce burnout in social workers on interprofessional health and human service teams: Harnessing the power of collaboration," Forward Thinking Summit (2021).
- "Examining the role of interprofessional collaboration on burnout: A mixed methods study of social workers at a single medical campus in the Veterans Administration hospital system," 25th Annual Conference (2021).
- "Examining Interprofessional Collaboration and Burnout in Health Care Social Workers: Curriculum Implications," 66th Annual Program Meeting (2020).
- "Workplace Attachment in Veterans Health Care Sector Social Workers," 65th Annual Program Meeting (2019).
- "Looking Forward: Education Implications from the Empowerment Through Movement and Stillness Workshop," 65th Annual Program Meeting (2019).
- "Attending to Attaching Work Experiences as a Strategy to Manage Workplace Retention of Social Workers," 30th Annual Management Conference (2019).
- "Reducing voluntary turnover: Educating future supervisors about contingencies of workplace attachment security," 64th Annual Program Meeting (2018).
- "Teaching interdisciplinary collaborative practice through an example: Educational implications from The Empowerment Through Movement and Stillness Workshop," 51st Annual Conference (2018).
- "Individual and cohort correlates of relationship discord," 22nd Annual Conference (2018).
- "Secure workplace attachment: A qualitative study of relational and social contingencies," 22nd Annual Conference (2018).
- "Workplace attachment: An organizational perspective to address the health gap," 63rd Annual Program Meeting (2017).
- "Closing the Health Gap Through Resource Management: A Workplace Attachment Perspective," 28th Annual Management Conference (2017).
- "Workplace Attachment in Veteran Health Care Sector Social Workers: A Qualitative Study," 21st Annual Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR) Conference (2017).
- "Serving OIF/OEF/OND Veterans through Collaborative Practice: Implications for Education," 62nd Annual Program Meeting (2016).