Veterans Remembrance Ceremony slated for Thursday, Nov. 10
The Veterans Remembrance Ceremony at SUNY Fredonia will be held on Thursday, Nov. 10, at 3:30 p.m., in the Williams Center Multipurpose Room.
The ceremony will acknowledge, honor and show gratitude to the countless men and women who have served the U.S. through the Armed Forces.
Participants include members of the Dunkirk/Fredonia Veterans Council, who will Post the Colors, followed by a moment of silence in remembrance of American veterans for their service and sacrifice. Veteran student Levi Dowd, a senior Music Education major from Fair Haven, will play the national anthem.
Local veteran Frank Torain and Interim Vice President for Student Affairs Tracy Stenger will offer remarks.
The event will also include the annual Fredonia Veterans Scholarship Award presentation.
Recipients of this year’s awards include:
Courage and Honor Scholarship
- Rachael Cunningham, a senior Political Science major from Westfield
Fredonia Veteran Scholarships
- Derek Raymond, a senior Photography major from Malone
- Michael Calimeri, a senior Math - Adolescence Education major from Jamestown
- Grace Crino, a sophomore Computer Science major from Fredonia
- Jacob Green, a sophomore Business Administration - Marketing major from Fredonia
- Justin Kovach, a sophomore Animation/Illustration major from Cassadaga
Following Retiring the Colors, will be a reception with light refreshments.
Also happening will be the Holiday Care Package Fund Drive, including information and a “package drop off” table, benefitting current service members.
The campus community and public are invited to attend the event.