The design team in the Department of Marketing and Communications is ready to assist campus departments and official members of the Fredonia community with producing quality print and digital material.
There are several things you can do as a client to speed up the process.
- Think about what type of print or digital design you want, who the intended audience is, and what the message should be.
- Gather all content you believe is relevant to your piece, such as bullet points of information, facts you want to brag about, or event information (time, place, etc.).
- Find relevant photos you have access to. You can access the Fredonia Photo Library and choose photos that help tell your story.
Once you have your idea and have assembled your material, fill out the design request form. All custom design jobs must be submitted with a minimum of 6 weeks lead-time, not including print-production time. NO EXCEPTIONS. The lead time is necessary to account for revisions to your project and the myriad of other projects the team is working on.
For assistance, fill out the Design Request Form, A member of the design team will follow up with you for transfer of images and resource materials.
Once you submit everything for your project, a member of the design team may contact you. An email with an attached PDF may be sent to you for review, or you may receive a hard copy/mock-up. Depending on the scope of project, the production time needed to complete your project will be determined by its priority level and complexity, as well as the current workload of the department. So, again, we need any request at least six weeks in advance of the date on which you need the finished piece to ensure that we can meet your design and printing needs. NO EXCEPTIONS
We have established an online system with the SUNY Potsdam print shop so all areas with IFR, FSA, and Foundation accounts can submit their material for printing with a two-day turnaround.
Marketing and Communications can still assist you in developing your print piece as described above, but you no longer have to go through a time-consuming bid or requisition process. You will be able to submit the print-ready file, along with your contact information, delivery address and your department's account number (with authorization from your department head!) and the print shop at Potsdam will process your order.
This set-up was tested by several departments during the fall, 2019 semester to great success. Click the link for a step-by-step guide to the system.
There are several local/regional vendors that Marketing and Communications has worked with for print services. Their contact information is below. Remember, as stated in the Fredonia Purchasing Manual, for purchases under $2,499, no written quotes are required, but prices should be reasonable and departments should be prepared to support their purchase by establishing reasonableness of price or justification of the vendor.
To order Business Cards, Letterhead, and Envelopes:
- visit http://v2.printsys.net.
- Enter the username and password.
- Type in your information in the fields to the left within each template as directed, save the template under a unique name
- Click “Add to shopping cart” when finished.
- After viewing the proof you will be prompted to enter your procurement card information.
- Standard lead time is about 2 weeks.
- Further step-by-step instructions.