Teaching & Learning Conference
Fredonia's Teaching & Learning Conference focuses on cultivating learning environments that strengthen student engagement and motivation. The conference has organized presentations in a variety of themes, from learning strategies to technology supports that optimize student learning. Guided by action-provoking messages from both our keynote speaker and our session presenters, we are certain that you will be able to elaborate on your own student-focused teaching and support work.
Limitless Learning: Empowering Students through Inclusive Course Design
Monday, August 19, 2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
State University of New York at Fredonia
Now in its 13th year, Fredonia's Teaching & Learning Conference will focus on cultivating inclusive learning approaches that consider the diverse needs of students and create environments where all students have equal access to learning. Join us in an opportunity for scholarly exchange and hands-on practical application, with the ultimate goal of improving student engagement and success across disciplines!
Call for Proposals:
We invite proposals for presentations for the following tracks:
- Accessible Learning Environments (for example, course materials, classroom climate, communication with students, online learning environments)
- Inclusive Teaching & Course Design
- Universal Design for Learning
- Neurodiversity in the Classroom
- OER for Accessibility & Inclusivity
Deadline to Apply: Friday, June 28th at midnight
Concurrent Sessions (50 Minutes):
We encourage you to model good teaching in your session by including accessible and interactive elements that actively engage participants in your session.
All proposals must include:
1. Names, positions, academic departments, and contact information for the presenter/s. The person’s name that appears first in the proposal will be considered the primary contact.
2. Title of concurrent session (not to exceed 12 words)
3. Session abstract:
a. 100 - 175 words for 40-minute presentation (10-minutes of Q&A)
b. In your session description, please include the expected outcomes of your session and the methods that you will use to foster participant interaction.
4. List audiovisual needs (computer, projector, etc.)
Preference will be given to proposals that address one or more of the following:Scholarship that challenges educators to think outside the traditional classroom environment, that is designed to captivate the mind of diverse learners, provide greater access, or facilitate student success and retention.