Dr. Junaid Zubairi
Dr. Junaid Zubairi
150D Houghton Hall
Ph.D., Syracuse University
I received BE (Electrical Engineering) from NED University of Engineering, Pakistan and MS and Ph.D. (Computer Engineering) from Syracuse University, USA. I worked in Sir Syed University Pakistan and Intl' Islamic University Malaysia before joining State University of New York at Fredonia.
Computer architecture, Computer networks, Operating systems, Introduction to programming, web design, Computer graphics
My current research interests include network traffic engineering, network applications in healthcare and aviation, applications in smart city and IoT, cyber security.
Awards and Honors
- SUNY Distinguished Professor award, State University of New York at Fredonia (2022).
- Kasling Memorial Lecture award, SUNY at Fredonia (2019).
- Chancellor's award for excellence in scholarhsip and creative activities, State University of New York (2018).
- High Achievement Award, WNYMuslims, NY Senator Tim Kennedy (2017).
- Presidential Award for Exceptional Service, American University of Ras al Khaimah (2015).
- Smart City and IoT Research
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Programs
- "I-Corps flight data streaming software," N/A (2020).
- "Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics Scholarships (CSMAPS) ," N/A (2017).
- "Smart City Traffic Management for Reducing Congestion," 19th IEEE HONET 2022 (N/A).
- "Smart City Traffic Management for Reducing Congestion," 19th IEEE HONET-ICT Conference (2022).
- "Reactive Traffic Congestion Control in Smart cities by using Hierarchical Graph," Transportation Journal (N/A).
- "Localization and Rescue Planning of Indoor Victims in a Disaster," Springer Journal on Wireless Personal Communications (SCIE indexed) (N/A).
- "Optimal Management of Solid Waste in Smart Cities using Internet of Things," Springer Journal of Wireless Personal Communications Jan'2020 (2020).
- "Your Flight Data is on Us!!," IEEE Nov'2019 (2019).
- "Efficient Waste Transportation and Recycling: Enabling technologies for smart cities using the Internet of Things," IEEE Electrification Magazine Sept 2019 (2019).
- "IoT based Ambulatory Vital Signs Data Transfer System," Journal of Computer Networks and Communications (2018).
- "Experiments in Routing Municipal Vehicles," IEEE 16th HPCS conference (2018).
- "Smart Patient Assignment Algorithms for Disasters," Elsevier ICT Express journal (2018).
- "Optimizing Scheduling and Management of Solid Waste in Smart Cities," Journal of the operational research society (N/A).
- "Novel Schemes for Traffic Engineering in Access Domains," Wiley International Journal of Network Management (2007).
- Hardware-Software Solution for using patented FDT system in small planes. Copyright (2022).
- Flight Data Tracker (FDT). Patent (2017).
- "“Smart City Traffic Management for Reducing Congestion”," 19th IEEE HONET-ICT Conference (2022).
- " The Next Frontier: The Communication and Data Technologies for Aviation," 18th IEEE HONET-ICT Conference (2021).
- "Connected Aircrafts Technologies, Communication and Computing Systems: Flight Data Transmission, Integration and Processing," IEEE HPCS Conference (2021).
- "Invited Talk on IoT Smart City Applications," HONET-ICT 2018 (2018).