Dr. Jessica Finkeldey
Dr. Jessica Finkeldey
Thompson Hall W369 Thompson Hall
Ph.D., Bowling Green State University
Introduction to criminal justice; criminology; corrections; capital punishment; statistics; research methods.
Predictors and consequences of antisocial behavior and contact with the criminal justice system
Awards and Honors
- Open SUNY Online Teaching Ambassador for Fredonia, State University of New York (2022).
- Society for the Study of Social Problems
- American Society of Criminology
- American Sociological Association
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Programs
- "Faculty Summer Research, Scholarship, and Creativity Awards," N/A (2020).
- "Open Educational Resource (OER) Course Redesign Incentive," N/A (N/A).
- "LoudCloud Courseware Faculty Mini Grant Program," N/A (2018).
- "The Intersecting Associations between Race and Ethnicity, Skin Color, and Perceived Unfair Treatment by Police," Journal of Ethnicity in Criminal Justice (N/A).
- "An Exploratory Investigation of Parental Incarceration, Emotional Independence, and Adult Children’s Criminal Activity," Journal of Developmental and Life-Course Criminology (2021).
- "Confounding Bias in the Relationship between Problem Gambling and Crime," Journal of Gambling Studies (2021).
- "Self-Reported Experiences and Consequences of Unfair Treatment by Police," Criminology (2021).
- "Social Class Differences in the Relationships between Problem Gambling and Deviance," Criminal Justice Studies (2021).
- "Race/Ethnicity, Perceived Skin Color, and the Likelihood of Adult Arrest," Race and Justice (2021).
- "Parental Incarceration during Adolescence, Secondary School Resources, and Depressive Symptoms in Adulthood," Social Currents (2020).
- "Identifying as a Troublemaker/Partier: The Influence of Parental Incarceration and Emotional Independence," Journal of Child and Family Studies (2020).
- "Multilevel Effects of Parental Incarceration on Adult Children’s Neighborhood Disadvantage," Social Problems (2020).
- "Trust Across Culture and Context," Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making (2019).
- "Adolescent Male Sports Participation and Violence in Emerging Adulthood: Examining Variation by Gender-Typed Behavior," Deviant Behavior (2019).
- "Using Podcasts in Online Courses," SUNY Online Summit (2022).
- "The Association between Skin Color and Perceived Unfair Treatment by Police.," American Society of Criminology (2021).