Fredonia has a strong tradition of guiding students to their vision of professional success. Fredonia's programs are driven by practical relevance and strong outcomes for its graduates.
At Fredonia, we take pride in making the process simple. We will get to know you during the application process to help you find the program you want, and the financial support you need. Admissions and financial aid staff are ready to answer your questions, and start you on the path to success!
Fredonia is looking for students who are not only strong academically, but have the drive and determination to make their dream of a college degree a reality. Applicants are evaluated on an rolling basis.
Middle 50% of entering class
- High school average: 86-93%
- SAT Score: 1,040-1,220
- ACT Score: 22-26
Students who show show unique talents and interests, including those who posess leadership qualities through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and other non-academic pursuits will receive special consideration.
Destination to a Dream
This program allows all students to be part of the Fredonia experience regardless of academic background. Students who were not previously eligible to attend Fredonia can take course work at Jamestown Community College and earn a GPA necessary to continue their education at Fredonia.
Destination to a Dream
Fredonia believes in a rolling admissions process. In other words, we respond to your application when we receive it, so you’ll know your status soon after you apply, instead of waiting until after an imposed deadline. Notifications begin in October for the following fall.
- July 31: Excelsior application deadline
- Online application for the following fall: recommend by Thanksgiving
- October 1: FAFSA becomes available
- October 31: priority deadline filing for financial aid
- Honors program: apply by mid February for the upcoming fall semester
- May 1: pay deposit for upcoming fall semester
- June 1: transfer students pay deposit for upcoming fall semester
*Acting and musical theatre have pre-screening deadlines
Additional Requirements for Auditions, Portfolios and Interviews
Some programs require additional processes for entry. Find the program you are interested in to read over the additional steps.
Requirements for School of Music
Audition requirements for Music, Music Education, Music Performance, Music Composition, Music Therapy, and Sound Recording Technology
Requirements for Theatre and Dance
Audition requirements for Musical Theatre, Dance, Acting, and theatre Production and Design
Requirements for Visual Arts and New Media
Portfolio requirements for Animation & Illustration, Ceramics, Drawing & Painting, Film & Video Arts, Graphic Design, Photography, and Sculpture
(interview upon selection)
- 3+4 Optometry
- 3+4 and 4+4 Medical: LECOM
- 3+ and 4+ Pharmacy: LECOM
- 4+4 Medical: Upstate Medical
*Students interested in any pre-professional programs should be in touch with David Steiner as soon as possible to discuss application requirements.
Steps to apply for financial aid
- Go to fsaid.ed.gov to apply
- Get a FSA ID and Password. A FSA ID and Password lets you apply, “sign” your online FAFSA, make corrections to your application information and more.
- Collect the documents, including income tax returns, W-2 forms, and other records of income to apply. A complete list of what you need can be found here
- Complete the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible, preferably in October, in order to meet school and state aid deadlines. Apply online here. Fredonia’s school code is 002844.
- If you are a New York State resident, please complete and submit the TAP application. Fredonia's school code for TAP is 0915.
Fredonia offers approximately $8 million in merit- and need-based scholarships to academically qualified students each year.