Honors at Fredonia: Learn. Lead. Live.
The Fredonia Honors Program prides itself on offering students of all backgrounds and majors singular experiences to learn, lead, and live from move-in to graduation.
In addition to a one-time scholarship, you may qualify for considerable aid based on academic achievement and/or financial need.
Get in the courses you want while avoiding common registration issues.
Live with other students who like academic challenges, engage in service projects, cultural activities, and special programs with faculty and staff.
Students in Fredonia's Honors Program are smart, talented, hard-working, and looking for students like them to share in the unique opportunities available. The Honors Program is open to students who enjoy intellectual challenges and are excited by ideas!
Applications for Fall 2022 will open on Saturday, October 16, 2021. For inquiries before then, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn. Lead. Live.
- Study with like-minded students in Honors-only courses and seminars.
- Fulfill core requirements with customized courses on engaging topics.
- Enjoy flexible learning experiences, like study-abroad and undergraduate research opportunities.
- Take advantage of priority course registration, helping you to do more in less time.
- Enrich your learning through special events on and off campus.
- Be part of a community of student leaders and winners of Fredonia's most prestigious academic awards.
- Take courses specifically designed to develop leadership competencies and presentation skills.
- Become an Honors Student Advisory Council Member.
- Become career-ready through internships and career-based programs for Honors students.
- Engage in service projects to enhance the greater community.
- Live with other Honors students in the Honors House (in Hemingway Hall).
- Go on field trips – really cool and completely free field trips (the best kind).
- Participate in social justice programs and attend social events.
- Get involved with themed weeks in Honors House.
Requirements for the Fredonia Honors Program:
The 18-credit Fredonia Honors Program is compatible with any college major. Students must maintain at least an overall 3.3 GPA to remain in good standing in the program.