Earning an advanced degree shows dedication and determination to challenge yourself.
An advanced degree is increasingly important in this changing world. Fredonia is prepared to help you earn an advanced degree on your schedule to help make your career aspirations a reality! Fredonia creates opportunities for graduate students to connect their academic work and professional aspirations by networking with faculty, professionals, alumni and peers. The faculty and professional staff help our graduate students strive to meet their highest goals by challenging them to research, write, publish, perform, innovate and teach, becoming lifelong contributors to their communities.
Master of Arts
Master of Music
Master of Science
Master of Science in Education
- Curriculum & Instruction in Inclusive Education
- Literacy Education: Birth to Grade 12
- Math Education
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Requirements for Graduate Admissions
- Cumulative GPA: 3.0 (May be offered conditional admission for lower GPA)
- Online application
- $75 application fee
- Statement of Intent
- Minimum: 1 page (no maximum)
- Topic: Educational & professional strengths & goals
- Address to: Admissions committee
- Unofficial transcripts accepted for review
- Upload to application
- Institution name should appear on document
- Two recommendation letters
- Online (preferred):see application for details
- Offline: both letter and form are required
Degree Requirements by Program
Some programs require additional processes for entry. Find the program you are interested in to read over the additional steps.
Graduate Program Requirements for International Students
The Financial Aid Office is committed to assisting graduate students in financing their graduate education at Fredonia. Our entire staff is welcoming, knowledgeable, and ready to help graduate students navigate the financial aid delivery system.
Steps to apply for financial aid
- Go to studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to apply
- Get a FSA ID and Password. A FSA ID and Password lets you apply, “sign” your online FAFSA, make corrections to your application information and more.
- Collect the documents, including income tax returns, W-2 forms, and other records of income to apply. A complete list of what you need can be found here
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible, preferably in October, in order to meet school and state aid deadlines. Apply online here. Fredonia’s school code is 002844.